sixteen

The next morning, I woke up, got transformed into my schoolgirl form, & tried to head off Tsuchigomori's class to die for - in the worst way possible of course.

Which, was my normal routine. Except for this time, all the memories from the past two nights kept replaying my head like I was an underclassman pawning after an upperclassman. My heart was doing flips & tumbles, & my brain was confused about everything that seemed to be going on.

But I knew the second I saw Hanako sitting on my desk, the feelings subsided. I walked in front of him, stared him dead in the eye - ignoring the looks of people thinking I was being weird - & spoke, "What are you doing here?"

"Hiya Sephy! Funny seeing you here!" Hanako cheered, his two hakujoudai floating on both sides of him.

"This is literally my first class of the day, specifically the one you dragged me after, & with one of the people you're seeming to have a personal vendetta with." I noted, "But yes, what a funny coincidence."

I went to go sit down in my seat, but he pulled his arm out in front of me, stopping me in my tracks, "Hey hey, I didn't come here to just plainly annoy you."

"Really? Cause' that's what it seems like to be to me."

"No, I'm here to give you some information." he stated, as I finally started seriously listening, "There's going to be an apparition meeting later today, & I'm needing to attend."

"No problem," I said, "I'll watch your boundary, keep eye on the Mokke-"

"I wasn't done." Hanako cut me off, "Your going as well."

"WHAT?!" I yelped, having a few peers give me glares. I waved them off, & they went back to studying before Tsuchigomori came in, "Why do I have to go with you?"

"You are a wonder after all." he reminded me, "As well as my assistant, so I need you to be there times two. Besides, you don't have anything else to do, & it'll be something new for a change!"

"I've been to a meeting or two, I wasn't a fan." I deadpanned.

"Okay, your introduction meeting is one thing, especially when you looked like you were gonna pee your pants." He chuckled, causing me to smack him in the arm, "& the other meeting, yes, the only other meeting you went you decided to finally talk to me & start an argument with Tsuchigomori. Even tho every single morning before that, you had found a way to argue with him."

"Wow, we're just keeping a whole lot of tabs on me aren't we?" I asked, a little creeped out.

Hanako ignored my comment, & continued on, "Anyways, I need you there, & wanted to let you know. You can cut class to meet up with the other members, seeing that Tsuchigomori only has to teach this class & another today, & then after tidy up the library."

"Do you think I'll have to go with him after?" I whined, "I'm so over cleaning."

He shrugged, "Who knows, but anyway, wanna play hooky?"

I stared daggers into him, "Hanako...really?"

Hanako began to pout, putting on the puppy eyes again, "Pwease?"

"& what happens when Tsuchigomori-"

"He said you can play hooky, didn't you? Besides, what are you going to learn from...uh...what class is there? Chemistry? If it had something to do with baking or astronomy, I would leave you be but man chem? You're really trying to stay in here?"

& as the bell rang, & Tsuchigomori walking into the room with a pipe in his mouth in his human form, welcoming the class, I made the sane decision of any normal person.

Tipping my chair over with my foot, it landed backward with a crash. All eyes were on me now. I slung my bag on my right shoulder, paraded to the front of the room standing in front of the class & Tsuchigomori. All the looks were puzzled, a few people whispering to one another. Looking at the small crowd of eyes, & looking back at my mentor - who didn't seem to be thrilled of whatever shenanigans I managed to whip up - I flipped everyone off & yelled, "Fuck this, I'm fuckin' out of here!"

& with that, I bolted out of the class, a few people cheering behind me. I wouldn't know if any of the kids were watching me from one of the long windows or if Tsuchigomori was standing outside the classroom door pinching the brink of his nose in agitation because I refused to look back.

Did I have a sane reason for doing that? No.

Is my ghost-adrenaline running, & I'm living - metaphorically - from it? Yes.

Hanako floated beside me, cackling, "What was that?!"

"Figuring out the finer things in life." I huffed & puffed as I continued running upstairs & down hallways, "& that class was not one of them. That outburst...was one fine ass one."

"THAT'S MY GIRL!" Hanako cheered, as we made it up to his boundary once more.

~

After the spontaneous event that had just happened, & we had both calmed down from the excitement, Hanako decided to speak, "So, what made you decide to do something like that? Not that I'm complaining, because I thought that was very entertaining."

I changed into my normal ghost-from & then shrugged, "Spur of the moment, the whole 'you only live once' motto. Find the finer things in life, whatever floats your boat Amane."

"That's the first time you've used my name." he laughed shyly, before regaining himself, "But I see...taking the conversation we spoke about to heart?"

"Pfft." I said, turning my head away from him, "You wish."

Hanako groaned, "Aw man, & I thought we were getting away from the cold shoulder!"

If you asked me, I felt bad about how I treated Hanako. At times I was a little too sassy & rude to him when I probably should be kinder. But, I felt I was stuck in my ways, & anything else I did would just cause my walls to come down, & I'd be an open book.

& that, that right there is terrifying. Added onto the list of fears no one shall know, along with most of the other details in my life.

"Well," Hanako cleared his throat, moving on, "we should start getting ready for the meeting. Tsuchigomori's second class will be done in about twenty minutes, but we need to get there a little bit early to make a good impression."

"You saw what I did back at chemistry correct?" I asked him, perplexed, "What strikes me as a person who gives good impressions?"

"Because when I first met you, you impressed me pretty well."

(AUTHORS NOTE:) - first, please vote for my story, & maybe follow?:)

BOOM!! TWO CHAPTERS!!

I'm gonna be honest, most of this story I had written the details about it in my notes, has changed so drastically that I have no idea what the ending is going to be. But let's just say, lots of big important things are going to be happening soon, which is really going to drive the story further - so just wait! :DD

Uhh, I usually add some sort of commentary here, but I'm not sure how many people read the author's notes on this book as some of my other books, so uh - I'll leave you with a virtual snack while you read my book lol

ANYWAYSSS!! Have an amazing day/night/evening wherever you are, stay safe, & make sure you know your 100% valid!! <333

Till soon,

- Author Ven <33