nine

As the night faded into black & a new day came, the memories of last night clouded my mind. All I could think about is how I officially made Hanako my friend. I couldn't believe I had him as my friend, who could now call me by my real name.

Yep, Persephone was my real name. But, I wasn't going to tell him any more information. Not my last name, not how I died, NOTHING! My name was it, no matter how close of friends we got.

Who knows how long this friendship would last - not putting my emotions or opinions into it, but I have a feeling this friendship won't last beyond me being his assistant & after this - poof - we'll go back to being strangers.

Not to be pessimistic or anything.

It was early morning, & the bell had just rung for first period. This was the first time in a while I was going to school, without a rumor waiting to be sprouted. In all honesty, it felt strange to me.

I walked into my first period class - chemistry - with Mr. Tsuchigomori. I kept my head high, eyeing the tall man in the white coat. His square glasses tipped down a bit to look at me, his purple eyes inspecting me.

I smugly smiled at him, strutting to my seat at the back of the class. I heard a small huff come from the also hidden-apparition. It was weird to see the fifth wonder of the school teach me chemistry, as I was also hiding out to keep my rumor alive.

Besides, what else was I going to do with no job to do? Never ending cleaning the bathroom for Hanako? I'd rather actually do my homework before I even dare to touch another plunger.

As Tsuchigomori started to blabber on about some sort of dangerous chemical, my mind kept wandering off to Hanako. I couldn't put my finger on it why I was so interested in Hanako, & why I was so happy for him to be my friend.

It must've been because he was my first friend since...I was alive. But, I still believe I didn't want a friend. I still think I'm okay being a lone-fox, but I was going to be forced to have a friend or be a slave to Hanako no matter what - so might as well try to make the best of it.

"Ms. Miki? Are you even listening?" a voice snapped, making me get knocked out of my thoughts once again.

"Uh, yeah." I answered, forgetting I was still in class, "What's up?"

The voice was obviously Tsuchigomori's, due to the crankiness tone that was attached to it. He approached me in the back of the class, my classmate's eyes gluing to me.

"That is very informal of you, Ms. Miki," he said, tapping a pen on the clipboard cradled in his hands, "am I going to have to hold a meeting after school for you?"

I raised an eyebrow at him. He never did this, he usually snapped at me, made me answer a question, & then went on with the lesson. He knew I had my wonder duties to attend to, why would he be getting all up in my business now?

"Nah, I'm good," I answered, putting my arms behind my head, "You know I'm busy."

I swear, his eye twitched, "Ms. Miki, you're pushing my buttons."

"Yeah yeah, just repeat the question," I said, closing my eyes & waving my hand at him, "Tsu."

I heard a loud snap, causing me to fall out of my chair, & tumble onto the floor. I land on my ass, holding my head, looking up a pissed off Tsuchigomori. In each of his hands was half of the clipboard. An enraged smile was plastered to his face.

I gave a cheeky smile, "Uh...heh..."

"I'll see you at the end of the day, Ms. Miki," he said, through clenched teeth. Without offering to help me up, he swiveled around, & then suddenly stopped, "Oh, & I hope you enjoy an incomplete for the day."