fourteen

Watching clumps of Mokke jump, roll, & bounce around was sorta amusing. They looked like walking cotton candy to me, that was in the shape of cute little bunnies. The not-so-cute part was trying to wrangle them back up, & have them listen.

I floated around from above, trying to swoop some into my arms. But every time I caught one, they would wiggle & scream, sometimes even giggle like it was a game...then would be off running again. I was starting to lose my patience with the apparitions in trying to capture them.

I tried to yell for their attention, "Mokke! Mokke! Hey! We're friendly!"

They didn't even stop for a minute to even listen to me, they just continued to scamper around me & Hanako who floated not too far from me. I looked over to him, where he was trying to do the same as me. But, just like me, they jumped out of his arms.

Pure agitation was written all over his face each time a Mokke would dash out of his arms. I snickered a little, not seeing agitation in him too often. As the humor from all this quickly flooded away, I decided it was time.

"Alright you little vermins, you made me do this," I stated loudly, still drawing none of their attentions. Not even Hanako's gaze had attracted onto me.

With one swift moment, crossing my arms, I grabbed onto both of the upper arms & pulled down. Unraveling beautifully, were two red ribbons. One each was wrapped around my arms, & danced down as I held each in my hand.

I started flicking the ribbons at each Mokke, grabbing groups of them with my ribbon. Once it seemed that I had grabbed a good bit of them, I looked them all in their scared black beady eyes.

"Alright, finally some of you have calmed down." I said, "I'm the eighth wonder, here with the seventh. We are no harm, we needed to talk to you guys. Hence, on why we're here in this broken down & dreary building. We needed to discuss a few matters. Now please, stop screaming!"

They all seemed to blink simultaneously, each of them ending their screaming. Even the other Mokke still flailing & running around had stopped in their tracks to stare at me.

"Good." I smiled, releasing all of them from my silky ribbons.

Wrapping them both back onto my arms, I looked over at Hanako, who had a smirk on his face.

"What are you looking at toilet-breath?" I snapped, as he covered his mouth a little to laugh.

"I finally know your weapon! We're getting closer as the days go on!" he cheered, picking up the Mokke that was climbing all over his hat. He placed it gently on the ground, giving it a small pat on the head.

I wanted to slap him so hard right now, but between the innocent Mokke not needing to see it & the fifty-percent of me not wanting to do it - I just continued to fight back with stupid comments.

"Good job. Want a sticker?" I asked him with a smirk.

He shrugged, "Hey, I would take a gold star."

Ignoring his pesky comment, I turned back to all the Mokke. They were all standing in a group, just staring up at me. Hanako came & floated beside me.

Hanako was the first to break the ice, "Hello Mokke! Long time no see!"

They all cheered & chirped a little, dying down as he continued, "Now, I was wondering where you all were. You seemed to have just randomly disappeared, which isn't safe. How am I supposed to keep an eye on you & protect you, if you guys are in a target spot?"

A smaller Mokke stepped forward, its ears drooped, "We liked it here! It was very quiet, much different from in there. We wanted to sleep!"

He nodded, "I see. Well, I need all you Mokke to come back to the normal school building now, okay?"

Noises of complaints & 'no fair' filled the room. The small one spoke up again, "We don't want to! We can steal as much candy as we want & store it here, & we can rest in peace."

Hanako stared at them, before chuckling darkly. I placed a hand on his shoulder, telling him to chill. He took the note quickly, breathing in & out, "Well, you could always stay in my boundary. Bring as much candy as you want without harm & you can sleep in there...just make sure to save some candy for me."

They all clustered together, facing away from us. High pitched whispers could be heard from the Mokke cult, as they discussed what their next move should be. Plenty of 'no' & 'yes' was thrown around...plenty of the words 'candy' & 'yummy' was thrown in there also.

Jumping & turning around in sync, the small one came forward once more, "We will! Thank you!"

Hanako took a breath of relief, as I patted him on the back, "Nice going, partner."

He gave me a thumbs up & a goofy grin before turning back to the Mokke, "Well alright! Come on & follow me!"

& that's what they did. They bounded, run, & tripped following me & Hanako who were floating to the normal school building. They were a noisy group, but they would make some good acquaintances for when I was relieved from my duties...

...if that day ever comes.

We all headed up the stairs to Hanako's boundary, which we quickly made to. As soon as the Mokke hit the tiled floor, they decided to start inspecting the bathroom from head to toe. Many were chilling in the sink, sitting at the window, or just plainly jumping around & making a mess.

I stared at the bumbling mess they were creating, & refusing to look at the Mokke who decided that the toilets had become their own personal pools.

I looked over to Hanako with a pout & whined, "& I just cleaned! Look what they did!"

He laughed, tipping his hat up, "Well, it's fine..."

"SAYS YOU! YOU DON'T CLEAN!"

Hanako muffled some laughter, before clearing his throat, "No no, I meant that in a different way."

I stared at him as he continued, trying to ignore the high-pitched laughter & screams in the background, "I mean you can do this another day. There's something more important I think we should do today."

He didn't even have to say it,

& I knew what he wanted to do.