six

I blinked a few times, staring at the seventh wonder.

Did the most powerful apparition just try to revoke my number after my powertrip? & then offer me protection?

& TO BE HIS ASSISTANT AT THAT?

Hanako stood there crouching next to me, his hand still extended out. I just stared at him in confusion. In wonder. In confusion. Hell, in every single emotion possible.

I was soon snapped out of it by him speaking, "So? Rouge?"

I slowly took his hand, & he helped me up. This was the start of a sealed deal, where I had no idea if I would truly regret it.

Hanako grinned, "I'm glad to see you take the offer. I should've found a human assistant, but having an old friend be my assistant - is even better!"

"Not friends." I huffed, crossing my arms & correcting him. Maybe I shouldn't be correcting the boy who just threatened to revoke my number, kill me, & then offered to protect me from eternal death...but hey, we all can't open up & be sunshine n' rainbows in one day, can we?

Hanako ignored my statement, continuing the deal. Pulling out his pants pocket a small red drawstring bag. Opening the drawstrings to the bag, between his finger were two transparent small circle objects. They shimmered in the sunlight that was just barely peeking over the horizon now.

"These, are mermaid scales." He began to explain, "These scales will intertwine our souls & our destinies. Luckily since we're dead, the curse that comes with these scales won't apply to us, so we'll skip that part. When you swallow this scale, you'll be under a deal of being my assistant, & on your way to fixing your wrongdoings. Are you ready?"

I looked between Hanako's smirking face, & the scales he held between his fingers. What else could I do? I didn't want to die all the way...I enjoyed being an apparition. So, I guess I had to become that little perv's assistant.

Gross. That's going to take some time to roll off the tongue fluently, without feeling the need to barf.

Hanako outreached his hand to me again, a single scale shimmering in his palm. I stared at it for a few minutes longer, before reaching out & taking it from him. I looked at him, his scale already resting on his tongue.

He gave a flirtatious look, his amber eyes shimmering with ambition & lust. A shiver shot up my back. In all honesty, I couldn't tell if it was uncomfortable or some other sort of feeling. I push it past me, not wanting to dig down into that depth of hell - & I brought the scale to my mouth.

Hanako's finally disappeared from his, with a quick smile followed with his normal smirk, that seemed a little too smug. I breathed in a little, before plopping the scale into my mouth. With a quick swallow, down my throat, it went into my empty stomach.

I crinkled my nose at the taste of it. It tasted of seawater, the saltiness so bitter it dried up my entire mouth. For being a ghost, this was the first time in forever I wanted to chug down a huge jug of water.

"The deal has been sealed!" Hanako exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air, "Thank you for lending me a hand Rouge-chan."

"NOPE!" I hissed, "No chan nor kun...it's too friendly, & way too formal."

He crossed his arms, a thinking expression coming upon his face, "Well, what should I call you?"

"Rouge."

Hanako rolled his eyes, floating over to me with his arms behind his back, "So your never gonna tell me your real name? Rouge is a little to formal if you ask me."