Chapter Ten: Don Juan Triumphant

'Past the point of no return,' Loki looked away but she stopped him, 'No backward glances. Our games of make-believe are at an end.'

Loki drank the wine in the challis. 

'Past all thought of "if" or "when",' Loki wiped his mouth for any access wine and she took his wrist, 'No use resisting. Abandon thought and let the dream descend,' she let go, 'What raging fire shall flood the soul? What rich desire unlocks its door? What sweet seduction lies before us?'

Loki presented his neck to her, just like in rehearsals. He was attempting to seduce her. All part of the script. 

'Past the point of no return. The final threshold. What warm, unspoken secrets will we learn beyond the point of no return?' she was being a bit too touchy when Loki pulled away.

Loki stood a few feet away but never broke character. 

'You have brought me to that moment where words run dry. To that moment where speech disappears into silence. Silence. I have come here hardly knowing the reason why. In my mind, I've already imagined our bodies entwining, defenseless and silent. Now I am here with you, no second thoughts. I've decided, decided,' Loki leaned on the table, 'Past the point of no return. No going back now. Our passion play has now at last begun. Past all thought of right or wrong.'

Loki leaned his body on her back, causing her to tense up.

'One final question; How long should we two wait before we're one?' Loki took her shaking hands, 'When will the blood begin to race? The sleeping bud bursts into bloom? When will the flames, at last, consume us?'

While leaning his face up against hers, he felt something through the hood. Now he knew why the voice seemed different. He knew who this was! He tried to run but she knew what happened and stopped him. 

'Past the point of no return,' The two sang, 'The final threshold. The bridge is crossed, so stand and watch it burn. We've passed the point of no return!'

Loki took the hood off. That wasn't Wanda. That was (Y/N)! She was now exposed to everyone in the audience, the cast, and the police. (Y/N) tried to run off but stopped when she saw police and Sylvie block the exit. She was cornered. Well, it was now or never. She had to confess. At least before she's killed or taken in by the police. 

'Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime. Lead me, save me from my solitude. Say you want me with you here, beside you,' from her finger, she takes a green ring off and walked over to Loki, 'Anywhere you go, let me go, too,' she put it on his finger, 'Loki, that's all I ask of-'

She was cut off when Loki took off her mask for the world to see. It looked burned. Like, a fresh burn that covered the whole of the right side of her face, and her forehead. She looked horrifying! (Y/N) took Loki's wrist and dragged him offstage. An officer shot at her but she dodged it and disappeared with Loki in tow. The curtains for where (Y/N) came out opened to reveal Wanda being hung by the Punjab Lasso. Sylvie tried to ask people to follow her down below to get Loki back.

But no one would follow her. Until Natasha revealed that she knows where they are. But warned her to keep her hand at the level of her eyes as to not have the same fate as Wanda and Obadiah. But they must hurry down before it's too late. Meanwhile, down in the catacombs, Loki was trying to resist (Y/N)'s hold on him but she wouldn't let go. She will not let Loki be taken from her again. 

'Down once more to the dungeon of my black despair. Down we plunge to the prison of my mind. Down that path into darkness deep as hell! Why you ask, was I bound and chained in this cold and dismal place? Not for any mortal sin, but the wickedness of my abhorrent face!'

'Track down this murderer! She must be found!' a mob sang. 

'Hounded out by everyone, met with hatred everywhere! No kind word from anyone! No compassion anywhere! Loki! Loki why? Why?'

She dragged him further down. Sylvie and Natasha weren't far behind. She told Sylvie where (Y/N) lives but she had to go alone. Natasha doesn't go further than the lake. Sylvie thanked her and went to get Loki back. Loki was forced into the Wedding suit that was on the doll of him. (Y/N) had taken the cloak off. 

'Have you gorged yourself at last, in your lust for blood? Am I now to be prey to your lust for flesh?' Loki asked her

'That fate, which condemns me to wallow in blood has also denied me the joys of the flesh. This face, the infection which poisons our love,' (Y/N) turned away, 'This face, which earned a mother's fear and loathing. A mask, my first unfeeling scrap of clothing,' She looks back at him, 'Pity comes too late, turn around and face your fate. An eternity of this before your eyes!'

Loki looked at her. He isn't scared of her face anymore. He does realise they're the same but (Y/N) is taking this too far. 

'This haunted face holds no horror for me now. It's in your soul that the true distortion lies,' Loki told her.

"Wait! I think, my dear, we have a guest!"

~To be continued~