Chapter Twenty: Making a choice

Backstage, Patty was watching people work while singing to herself. Around her, the stagehands put up the set for Loki's performance. Also, backstage, Sylvie, (Y/N) and Natasha were waiting to see what Loki's choice would be.

'Will he sing? Will he flee? What is he thinking now? Is it her? Is it me? Devil take the hindmost,' Sylvie said

Sylvie and (Y/N) stayed singing over each other.

'Will he stay? Will he go? Does he know even know? Please Loki, stop the show.'

'Obey your heart and sing for me. You want it so. Stay and be mine eternally.'

'Devil take the hindmost,' they said, 'Now it's time so, make your choice. Do it for our girl.'

'Use your head,' (Y/N) said

'No time to wait,' Sylvie said

'Hesitate, we're all undone.'

Now it was Natasha's turn to join them.

'Perhaps he won't go on, perhaps he'll lose his nerve, perhaps his voice won't serve and he will fail her now. And then Bucky and I will get what we deserve.'

'Will he stay? Will he go? Does he know even know? Please Loki, stop the show.'

'Obey your heart and sing for me and sing for me. You, me, the child eternally.'

'Devil take the hindmost,' all three said.

Sylvie walked to the left side of the stage while (Y/N) went to the right and Natasha met (Y/N) there.

'Perhaps he won't go on, perhaps he'll lose his nerve, perhaps his voice won't serve and he will fail her now. And then Bucky and I will get what we deserve.'

'Will he stay? Will he go? Does he know even know? Please Loki, stop the show.'

'Obey your heart and sing for me and sing for me. You, me, the child eternally.'

'Devil take the hindmost,' all three said, 'Now it's time, no turning back. All is on the line. Here it is, the final dance. One last chance to get what's mine.'

Natasha spoke to (Y/N) from behind, "I hope Loki is worthy of you. I hope his singing makes up for what your blindness has done to Bucky and me," and left.

Bucky found Patty and told her to follow him.

'Devil take the hindmost,' Bucky said leaving with Patty.

And now the show will begin. What will happen? Who will he choose? The music began and the curtain rose. There he was, Loki, ready to sing. He made his choice. But he still had a while yet to make any last-minute decisions. But when the time came to sing, he didn't hesitate. He sang. He has chosen. He chose (Y/N). He knew his decision a long time ago and he won't back down from it this time.