𝐭𝐰𝐨

full of boredom, Melissa decided to go to the DX. she went there once, but she never saw Sodapop. she drank her iced coffee, she had an extraordinary habit of adding ice to her coffee. people thought she was weird for that.

"hey dog, should i go for this?", Melissa asked dog. she wanted to go on a walk. she was dressed up in a black and white striped wide leg pants. she wore a white button up top. she was highly sensitive to the cold considering it was starting to be winter, so she added a houndsound coat. dog just wagged his tail, so Melissa took it as a yes.

she grabbed her box of cancer sticks and shoved it in her pocket. Melissa was about to bring dog with her too, when she remembered she was walking dog and he nearly got ran over by a bicycle. which was how Melissa met Ponyboy. he got rid of the bicycle after.

♡♡♡♡♡

after an hour or two, Melissa was still walking through random spots until she heard someone call her. she turned around her to see Sodapop. "hey", he greeted. "hi", she said. stupid me, she thought. "where are you goin' all alone?", he asked. "i was walkin' through random spots.", she shrugged. "ah i see.", he said. "wanna walk together?", he asked. "sure", she smiled.

then, they heard a car engine and Sodapop held her hand. she slapped it away, so that he wouldn't find out that she secretly liked it. "ow, jeez what was that for?", he asked. "i'd like to do just whatever i like, the whole day long", she responded with a chuckle. he started laughing. they just looked at each other and broke down in laugher, causing them to fall on the ground.

they watched each other's eyes for as long as they could count. after about half an hour, they got up. Melissa tried to change the subject. "so, Pony's your brother?", she asked. "yea, how'd  'ya know?", Sodapop asked. "we're best friends, well besides Sandy", she said. "since when were 'ya with Sandy anyway?", Melissa asked. "yesterday", he shrugged. "it's really shocking if 'ya ask me, i think she's pretty, but not for someone like you", she confessed. "i regret being drunk that day", he said to himself. "what was that?", she asked. "nothin'", he replied.

"oh yea! i was supposed to give Ponyboy somethin' ", she lied. "what is it?", he asked. "it was to kill a mockingbird, it's a book i borrowed from him for school", she said as she kept her head down. she wasn't lying but she wasn't being honest either. he nodded as they went walking to her house. "who else lives here?", Sodapop asked. "myself and dog", Melissa replied. "who?", he asked. "i'll show you", she said opening the door.

dog ran to Melissa and stood up to her knees. "his name is dog", she said. "why dog?", he asked. "if i could find find a real life place that makes me feel like the movies, then i'd buy some furniture and give the dog a name", she smiled. Sodapop started laughing. "Ponyboy says im weird, but it's alright with me", she shrugged. she shoved a napkin in her pocket to pretend it was a book. "ok, i got the book let's go. is it alright if i bring dog with me?", she asked.

"bring him anytime you want", he replied. "alrighty, let's go dog", she said, carrying dog. "how did you meet Pony anyway?", Sodapop suddenly asked. "we met at school, he's in my grade which is a shock, since he's 14. i'm just a dumb sixteen year old. that kid is smart", she responded. "i dropped out of school earlier this year", he said. "why?", she asked curiously. "my parents died and my older brother had to work to be able to pay the bills, i dropped out to start workin' too", he sighed. "what do you work as? you look like a mechanic", she said.

"i am", he smiled. Melissa's knees felt weak, she could fall to the ground at any moment. "i sell paintings at school, mainly those lunatics buy 'em", she said referring to soc girls. Melissa saw them as stupid, idiotic, and preppy girls. "dog almost bit this one girl's leg, her name was Sherri, i believe. i think she was nice and pretty but dog absolutely hated her.", she laughed.

"we're here", he said as they arrived. "don't worry 'bout the noises, they're my gang, we treat each other as family", he said. "alright, if someone tries to hook up with me, i'll get dog over here to bite off their leg", she joked. as they got in, she heard screaming that was way louder. "hi", she said awkardly. "have y'all seen Pony?", she asked, with more confidence. "he's in his room", she heard a voice coming from the kitchen. "thank you", she said as she walked over to the hall, trying to look for his room.

Melissa finally found him, he was writing on something. "hey Pony", she greeted. he got scared quick. "don't scare me like that, oh hey dog", he greeted sweetly. "aw, you like dog more but not me?", she asked sarcastically with a pouty face. "yea, he's not weird like you. i bet you tried to hook up with my brother", he said, wiggling his eyebrows. Melissa grabbed a random book and smacked the back of his head with it. "you're weird!", she whisper-yelled at him.

"no i'm not", he said defensively. "i could get dog to bite off your head if i could", she smiled. Ponyboy just shook his head and sat down on his bed, patting the empty spot next to him. Melissa sat down. "weirdo", she said. "shut up, if i had a dog i would give it a good name unlike you", he said. Melissa started to tickle him. he started to laugh, too much. "you know, dog really loved you but when you make fun of his name, he wants to kill you", she smiled at him. "fine, i'll stop im sorry", he said with his hands up in defense.

Sodapop barged in through the door. "what happened?", he asked. "oh ask your rude brother, he made fun of dog. you don't think he has a weird name..right?", she asked. "no, i think it fits well. Ponyboy, leave her alone", he said. "you're gonna tickle me too?", Ponyboy asked. "no", he said as he ran up to him, tickling him. Melissa and Sodapop started to tickle him more..

 Melissa and Sodapop started to tickle him more

--------------

sorry everyone! i was very stressed due to health reasons and i was listening to music to calm myself down. not to mention i had writer's block.

i was listening to too much madonna (80s songs too) hahaha...

monday, school starts which won't leave me time to write like i always do. i come home about 4:50 p.m CDT. so, y'all may have to wait a lot.

stay gold ✨

~ alma