𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

a few hours after, Melissa walked home. Coca cola didn't arrive at the time he was expected to be there.

when Melissa finally got home, she dialed Ponyboy's number and called him. "hello?", someone asked. "hi, it's Melissa. can i speak to Ponyboy?", she asked, impatiently. "oh hey Melissa, Ponyboy's at school. it's Sodapop on the phone", he said.

"hey Pepsi-cola, so um Ponyboy told me that a friend needed help at the library, i came over there and he wasn't there", she responded. "oh, he must be at school or work or somethin', what's his name?", Sodapop asked. "his name is Coca cola, reminds me of you", Melissa joked.

"how does he look like?", he asked, knowing it was himself. "i don't know", Melissa said. "i hope you see him soon", Sodapop randomly said. "i hope so too", she said. after saying that, Sodapop felt hopeful, although he was going through a halt.

even though Sandy broke his heart, he took it roughly, after Melissa cheering him up, he felt love towards Melissa. at first it was a love of friendship, after getting to know Melissa, his love for her changed, in a romantic way.

"do you want to go somewhere?", Melissa asked. "where to?", Sodapop asked. "i don't know, maybe cause trouble. or just go see things", she suggested. "i think we should go see things", he said. "sure, what time do 'ya wanna meet?", Melissa asked. "i gotta go to my shift later, i get out at five", he responded. "aw, see you later then?", she asked. "see you later", he said, then hanging up.

the line went dead after.

although Melissa wasn't a fancy person, she decided to wear something nice for the evening. she walked to her closet and looked through her mother's clothes.

after minutes of searching, Melissa found the most beautiful dress ever. it was a beautiful blue velvet dress, it was her mother's from the 1940s. Melissa kept turning her gaze on the soft dress, she laid her fingers on it. she could feel the texture that felt like the grass she laid on with Charles that night.

she didn't feel like wanting to wear jewelry, she rarely did. the only thing  she always wore was a gold toned double-hearted necklace locket with a picture of her parents that her mother gave her.

"i miss you mom and dad", Melissa said as she looked at the picture of her parents. they were just teenagers when the picture was taken. they were the reason why she used to believe in love. Melissa felt a tear fall from her beautiful brown eyes, she wiped it quickly with her finger.

she looked at the dress and she started to feel afraid, afraid to wear something that originally belonged to her mother.

♡♡♡♡♡

Sodapop finally came from work, he was covered in tons and tons of oil from the cars he worked on. he was able to choose his outfit for the evening, the evening where he would ask her to be his.

if they were good together days later, he would probably ask her to marry him, as a surprise. Sodapop didn't want to tell her, that he was the one who took the emerald ring. he obviously couldn't afford to buy a ring. Sodapop took the ring to help out Charles, helping him by the wish that never got to Charles. to marry Melissa.

he finally found what he was going to change into, his father's fancy suit. it was a navy blue suit, with a white buttoned up shirt under. suddenly, Ponyboy walked in their room. "jeez Sode, what's that for?", Ponyboy asked. "i'm gettin' ready for a date", Sodapop responded.

"with who?", Ponyboy asked, really interested. "with Melissa, i plan on makin' her mine today. at the field", Sodapop sighed. "g'luck Soda", Ponyboy said as Sodapop started walking out.