𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Melissa ran and ran as quick as she could. her hair blowing with the wind, her footsteps thundering, her beautiful face starting to sweat small beads of sweat. she didn't care if she fell and got hurt, she only cared about him vindicating her. Melissa knew that really meant about what she said, but she regret saying the word that came in from her mind.

she finally arrived at his house, she knocked on the window because she didn't feel like getting stares. "hey Mel,  where were 'ya i couldn't find you", Ponyboy said as he opened the window. Melissa hopped in his room. "where's your brother?", she asked. "he's in the shower, why?", he responded as he wiggled his eyebrows. "no, i have to apologize for something i said", Melissa groaned. "oh", was the only thing he could say.

she sat down on his bed. "you look like hell", he said as he turned his gaze to the bottom of her jeans, full of musty brown mud. "yeah? i just got there", she joked. a couple minutes later she saw Sodapop come in, just with a towel. "hey", he said. "h-hi", she said as she kept her eyes on the towel. Ponyboy softly smacked her arm. "sorry 'bout what i said, i didn't mean it. i was just stupid", she apologized.

"hey, it's alright. i guess i was stupid too", he smiled. Ponyboy winked at Melissa and she hit his knee. "ow!", he yelled. "what?", Sodapop asked. "i think he's havin' a fever!", she exaggerated. "i think we need a doctor, he ain't lookin' alright", he said as he put a hand on Ponyboy's forehead. "i am", Ponyboy said. "look, that's when they think they're alright. but the next thing that happens is that he'll get a stroke", Melissa said.

"i am ok!", he exclaimed. Melissa and Sodapop burst out into a fit of laugher. then, Ponyboy joined too.  "do you miss Charles?", Ponyboy suddenly asked. Melissa frowned to the mention of his name. "yea, i really wished that he was never out at midnight for whatever reason. but whatever he really wanted, he must've wished for it his whole life", Melissa sighed. "who's Charles?", Sodapop asked.

"he was my first boyfriend, he was a nice guy. one day, he died from a crash", she explained. he understood. "what do you think he went out for?", Ponyboy asked. "probably getting me more sunflowers, he knows how much i love those", she smiled at the thoughts of it. "yea, no wonder you have sunflowers everywhere", Ponyboy said. "dog likes 'em too!", she exclaimed. 

"well guys, i gotta go. it's gettin' dark and i need some sleep for tomorrow. bye loser", she said as she gave a smile to Ponyboy. "bye weirdo", he said to her. Sodapop just nodded. she hopped out of the window and started walking.

♡♡♡♡♡

she finally arrived at her house, where dog was waiting for her. "hey dog", she said as she carried him. "do you think i'm in love?", she asked dog. of course, dogs couldn't talk so she took it as a no. "i will never fall in love, i'm keepin' it as a promise for him and myself", she sighed.

as she went to her room to head off to sleep, she heard a knock on her window. Melissa groaned as she opened it. turned out to be Sodapop. "stalkin' me aren't ya?", she asked. "no, i wanted to say goodnight that's all", he hesitated. "alright", she said with a small chuckle. "tell Ponyboy that he's a loser would 'ya", she said. "sure", he said as he started walking.

but, when Melissa was about to get to bed, she had a good idea. she was going to paint him. she grabbed her paint brushes, paints, and a fresh canvas. she made tints of brown, to make a fair tan color, a tint of blue velvet and ocean blue to make a beautiful eye color. a small tint of red for his soft lips and his rosy cheeks.

after a while, she was finally finished. it described his features. Melissa was very proud and grabbed a random wrap, it was a beautiful ruby red wrap. she wrapped it around the canvas and added a ribbon and wrote Sodapop's name on it in her cursive handwriting. she went outside and started walking all the way to his house to drop it off.

𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐫𝐲 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें