𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

when she came home, Melissa took off her mother's shoes. they've been causing pain since she went out. "dog, he likes me too!", she exclaimed. out of nowhere, she grabbed dog and started spinning him around. Melissa was probably moonstruck.

she put dog down and went to her room to change. Melissa wore her pijamas, a lavender purple shirt and lavender purple pants. she wasn't like other girls, wearing their robes that to Melissa looked useless.

"dog, what if Pepsi-cola says "i love you" that's the last thing i want", she asked dog. Melissa was still thinking whether she should be his or not. after a few minutes of thinking, she finally decided...

Melissa was going to be his.

"dog, i think i'll be his", she said confidentially. but the only thing she hoped for was to not be put in a cage or having to say i love you. Melissa saw dog wagging his tail a lot, he looked very happy. "i don't know what i did to deserve him", she said as she stared at the roof as she placed her blanket on top of her.

she drifted off to a good sleep...

♡♡♡♡♡

Melissa woke up, tired as ever. she felt lethargic and energetic at the same time, which was odd. as she walked to the kitchen, the phone rang.

she picked it up and answered it. "hello?", she asked. "hey Mel, it's Ponyboy. remember how i told you 'bout coca cola?", he asked. "yea", she said. "he's heading to the library at four", he said. "alright, g'bye" Melissa said as she hung up.

walking to her closet in her room, she found a really good outfit, it was perfect for the chilly and rainy weather too. it was a beautiful brown and black stripped coat, a black shirt,and black snazzy jeans. when she grabbed her clothes and changed into them.

"dog, what should i do while i wait?", Melissa asked dog. she kept looking everywhere as she sat in the living room. "dog, i read a really good book. somehow, it described some of my life. well, not the sexual things", Melissa said, rolling her eyes.

"if i ever have children, i will tell them everything about my life", she sighed as she rocked back and forth on the rocking chair. dog grabbed a random book from her shelf. "oh dog, what's it now?", she asked. dog gave her the classic book, gone with the wind. "gracious dog, i forgot about this book", Melissa said, as she ran her fingers through the old book she always read.

she started going through the first page and read every single page. she remembered that Ponyboy always wanted gone with the wind. she planned on getting one for his birthday in a couple of months. "what time is it?", Melissa asked as she looked at the clock.

it was three thirty, just thirty more minutes until Melissa met with coca cola. "dog, i gotta go. i'll see 'ya later", Melissa said as she grabbed her rain coat then left..

♡♡♡♡♡

Melissa was still walking to the library, she needed to know who coca cola was and how he looked like.

it started pouring rain and Melissa quickly put on her rain coat. the heavy rain everywhere, wetting the yellow-green grass. she knew that the flowers would bloom into something beautiful, and tulsa would smell it's sweetest.

she headed to the library, with the door open like the day prior. another person who wasn't Mr.Davis wasn't on the counter, another woman who Melissa didn't know was there instead. the lady gave her a smile then looked back at her book. which reminded Melissa, she had to look for the book, breakfast at tiffany's by truman capote.

after a few minutes of searching and walking, she finally found breakfast at tiffany's. she started looking to the page where she left off. she was towards the part where Holly Golightly and Paul Varjack started a relationship.

a few minutes after reading such a chapter, coca cola, who was actually Sodapop got to the library, he was able to find Melissa.

"hey", he said. Melissa had her eyes on the book, to her it was very interesting, she couldn't even stop reading it. "huh- oh hey Sodapop", she smiled as she went back to reading. "so uh, you know how Ponyboy told you everythin' 'bout coca cola?", Sodapop asked. "yes, why?", Melissa asked.

"cause that's who i am", he said. "no wonder coca cola reminded me exactly of you", Melissa said. "speaking 'bout last night, sorry 'bout my rant from last night", Sodapop said, rubbing the back of his neck. "it's alright, but i have my answer", Melissa said. "what is it?", Sodapop asked, very nervous.

"i'll be yours", Melissa said as she got up and hugged him. out of nowhere, Sodapop pressed his lips onto hers. Melissa wasn't expecting it, without further ado, she kissed him back. they felt sparks inside of them. the librarian was looking at them in awe, she knew it was love at first sight.

"Melissa, you make me feel like the luckiest guy in the world", Sodapop said, holding her hands. "you make me the luckiest girl, i didn't know what you saw in me", Melissa said. "they way you make me laugh, the way you live your life and much more", Sodapop sighed.

although it was too quick, considering they just begun a relationship, Sodapop couldn't wait to say i love you . he took a deep breath, then thought of how he was going to say it for the first time.

"Melissa, wait", he said as he held her wrist. "yes?", she asked. "i love you", he suddenly said. Melissa felt speechless. "thanks", she said walking outside, lighting a cancer stick.

Sodapop walked behind her. "Melissa, my name is Sodapop Curtis, and i love you", he said. she ignored him and started walking...

 she ignored him and started walking

--------------

i'm gonna sob rn, next chapter is the last chapter, then the epilogue, then an author's note and this story will be officially done and i will start my next story.

if y'all would like some small info about my next story, don't hesitate to ask :)

stay gold ✨

~ alma