𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

Melissa felt really lethargic, just wanting to go to bed, yet wanting to stay awake. her conversation with Sodapop was something she enjoyed, just hearing his cheerful voice got her to stay awake. she didn't know that he was in love with her, but Melissa knew for sure that she was falling in love with Sodapop.

she went ambling to the living room, holding dog in her arms, then sitting in the rocking chair. "dog, i have no idea how, but Sodapop makes me feel weird, not a crazy weird, but a good kind of weird, a weird that gets me head over heels. all of that hypnotizes me, just one touch or the listenin' of his voice drives me insane", Melissa explained, while trancing.

"do you think he feels the same way?", Melissa asked dog, who was asleep. "oh dog", she whispered, starting to fall asleep although it was already six o'clock in the evening. forgetting to draw the curtains, as the tired sun's rays started to pop up inside her house, her smooth, blooming face shining with the burning orange colored rays.

♡♡♡♡♡

Sodapop and Ponyboy were still awake, Darry dozed off to sleep early since he had work early in the morning. "Pony, i got somethin' to tell 'ya", Sodapop said to Ponyboy, who had his nose stuck in a book. "what?", Ponyboy asked, suddenly interested. "i was finally able to get over Sandy, but now i think im in love with another girl", Sodapop confessed, while staring at the roof.

"lemme guess, Melissa", Ponyboy successfully guessed. "how'd 'ya-", Sodapop tried to speak, but stopped from confusion. "i figured, i may not use my head, but i ain't stupid", Ponyboy said, keeping his eyes out of the book. "wow", Sodapop said, very amazed. "why don't 'ya tell her?", Ponyboy asked, trying to keep Melissa's secret. "she's probably goin' through what happened. i'll wait some time", Sodapop responded, wondering how he could try to get rid of Melissa's grief.

"i have a plan, she likes to go to the library and read a good book,she loves going to the movie house and she loves to go to art galleries", Ponyboy explained.  Sodapop nodded, remembering her favorite places to himself. "oh, and bring her daisies just in case. she's basically head over heels for those", Ponyboy joked. " 'night Ponyboy", Sodapop said, dozing off to bed. "g'night", Ponyboy said.

♡♡♡♡♡

it was slowly the next day, as the sun began to wake up. the sky painting itself different tints of warm colors, a beautiful rosy pink, amber yellow, and tangerine orange. the sun had a beautiful color of a salmon pink, the sun was to make things warm, but the morning started off cold, beginning to warm up slowly.

Melissa slowly got up, groaning tired as ever. getting up groggily. she went walking to the kitchen barefoot, her bare, warm feet hitting the cold, freezing hard wooded floor. Melissa forgot to wear her fuzzy slippers. she couldn't keep herself focused while making her daily coffee, she was too busy thinking about last evening's conversation on the phone with Sodapop.

she was really head over heels for him. abstractedly, Melissa burnt her finger with the firing hot boiling water. she yelped, startling dog who quickly woke up. "ow!", she yelled. dog started running everywhere. "calm down dog, i'm just thinkin' 'bout him", Melissa said. "do you think Darry likes me good enough that he'll probably let me be his sister-in-law?", she asked dog. he wagged his tail. depending if dog listened, Melissa would believe his answers.

if he wagged his tail, then she would take it as a yes, if he didn't shake his tail and just growled or barked, she took it as a no. "dog, if i ever marry Sodapop. just remind me that i'll owe you", she joked. Melissa kept forgetting that she promised not to love and become hopeless. but to her, new changes were likely to occur.