𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Melissa grew bored, so she decided to head home. she just didn't want to admit it, but she was actually afraid to find Sodapop, or she would fall in love with him. which was the last thing she wanted in her life. "Melissa!", she heard someone yell. Melissa looked behind her to see Sandy, alone. she started walking up to her. "hey Sandy", she greeted.

"is it true you got suspended?", she asked. "yea, i'm glad", she responded, lighting a cancer stick. "those'll kill you", Sandy pointed. "that's what im trying to do", she joked. "so um, Sylvia and Evie want to see you. it's been a long time", Sandy said. "sure, when are we going?", Melissa asked. "i don't know", she shrugged. 

Sylvia and Evie were also good friends with Melissa and Sandy, they were also greasers along with them. Sylvia and Melissa got along well, but Evie was a bit shy, meaning that Melissa and Evie barely spoke to each other, in rare occasions.

"i'm bored", Melissa said as she stomped on her cancer stick. "wanna go to the DX with me?", Sandy asked. "for what?", Melissa asked. "i wanna go see Soda", she said. "sure, but i'm probably leaving after", Melissa said. they started walking all the way to the DX.

"i- i don't understand how i'm going to live my life, i was just defending myself", Melissa sighed. "it's ok Melissa, maybe someone else can help you study while you're home", Sandy convinced. "aren't you supposed to be at school?", Melissa asked. "my parents gave me the day off, i wasn't feeling good", she explained. "Ponyboy told me a few days ago that someone sent them a big whatever it was", Melissa said.

Sandy didn't know about what Melissa sent, she only knew that it was something which was wrapped when she saw it with her own eyes. "i saw it, it was wrapped, i was about to see it until Ponyboy came out to the porch", Sandy shrugged. "oh", was the only thing Melissa could say. "i don't think i'll ever fall in love", she confessed. "what do you mean?", Sandy asked, clearly confused. "after Charles died, i haven't been myself. right person, wrong time", she sighed.

"you don't stop living just because someone dies, Melissa, there could be someone else who you'll maybe love", Sandy convinced. "no, Charles was the one, he even wanted to marry me", she sighed, holding back a couple of tears. "he what?", Sandy asked. "he wanted to marry me!", she exclaimed as tears started escaping, like an animal escaping from a cage.

"you're too, crazy to get married don't you think?", Sandy asked. Melissa grew upset. "that's it, i'm outta here", Melissa mumbled as she walked the other way. "wait!", Sandy yelled behind her. "fuck off!", Melissa yelled, flipping her off.

there was never a time when Sandy and Melissa fought, not even once. they had a few differences, but that's what got them to be good friends. yet, there was a chance that their friendship may pass away but there was also a chance that it there would be reconciliation. 

a few minutes after the wild ruckus, Melissa started walking to her house or somewhere random like the library, a place where she borrowed lots and lots of books, mainly classics.

if it weren't for the car that killed my dearest Charles, then i would love, Melissa thought to herself as she was approaching to her house. "Mel?", someone behind her asked. Melissa obviously thought it was Sandy, so she clenched her fist and accidentally punched, him.

"Soda, im so sorry!", Melissa apologized. "it's fine, Sandy told me 'bout y'all's ruckus", he said. "oh yeah, that", she sighed as she lit another cancer stick. "jeez don't you ever stop smokin'?", Sodapop asked. "no, but i was going to plan on it. now after my dearest Charles died, i just can't stop myself", she said. there was just pure silence, birds chirping, and the wind blowing through tulsa.

"i love tulsa", she huffed as the smoky air vanished quicker than a blink of an eye. "there's nothin' much to do here", he sighed. they sat down on a nearby bench. "this is what you do on a very random day in tulsa. you get yourself, not a drizzle, but some honest-to-goodness rain, and you find yourself someone really nice and take her through the park or a spot in the middle of nowhere by walking. the rain's very important. that's when tulsa smells its sweetest", she explained.