Be Yourself (Chris Cornell x Reader)

It had been over a year of being hopelessly devoted to your high school peer, Chris Cornell. You finally had a class together, and though you doubted he'd ever noticed you, it was exciting getting to see him everyday. 

About a week into the school year, you were all assigned partner to complete a week long project with. 

You were miraculously partnered with Chris and were told to go sit next to him. 

"Hey, I'm Chris," he said in a voice slightly higher than his normal speaking voice, "You're Y/N, right?"

"Oh my gosh, he- he knows my name," you thought to yourself. 

"Yeah, that's me," you said, awkwardly. 

"Great, so uh how do you wanna work on the project outside of school?" he asked. 

"I mean it's totally up to you," you replied. 

"So uh, can I get your number?" Chris offered. 

"Oh well, uh yeah, of course," you responded, taken by surprise. 

You wrote your number down neatly on a napkin you had in your backpack and handed it to him. 

⊱ ──── 《∘◦♥◦∘》 ──── ⊰

Later that night, Chris called you. 

"Hello?" you answered. 

"Hey, this is Chris," Chris said. 

"Oh hi," you replied. 

"So uh how's it going?" Chris asked. 

"Not too bad how about you?" you responded. 

"Good uh I actually wanted to talk to you about something," Chris said, in a shy voice. 

"Sure, what's up?" you asked. 

"So uh, I have kind of began to really like you now that we have a class together, and I don't really know how you feel about me, so I just wanted to talk to you and just you know share our feelings, if you are comfortable with that,"  Chris explained. 

"That's amazing, Chris. I've honestly liked you for like a year now, so I'm happy with this news," you replied.

"You have?" Chris said, stunned, "Why didn't you tell me?" 

"I don't know, I guess I just assumed you wouldn't like me or something," you replied.

"Well, I mean you're really pretty, and sweet and kinda shy and that's super cute and if I would have known you liked me I would have wanted to go out sooner," Chris laughed. 

"Thank you so much, Chris," you replied. 

"So uh, are we... dating?" Chris asked. 

"If you want," you giggled. 

"I sure the hell want," Chris replied. 

⊱ ──── 《∘◦♥◦∘》 ──── ⊰

Hey guys, gals, and non-binary pals !!! I know its been forever since I've updated this book, but I finally got around to doing so. If you made it this far comment "Patience" because I've been listening to Chris's cover of that a lot recently. RIP Chris Cornell you talent will always live on.