Accident (Eddie Vedder x Reader)

It was almost 10, which meant your boyfriend Eddie Vedder would be coming home from his gig. Eddie was the lead singer of his grunge group, Pearl Jam. As happy as you were that Eddie was living his dream of being a famous singer, it was hard for you to make it to all of his concerts. You and Eddie both got tired once in a while and had to take a break from all that partying. It was one of those nights, Eddie was coming back to the hotel right after the show and you were going to watch a movie together. 

"I should probably go get some snacks for the both of us," you thought to yourself. 

You wrote Eddie a little note that read:

You scribbled your name, and left it on the mirror, so that when he took his shower, he saw it

~ ~ ~

On your way to the store, you came across a terrible accident on the highway. There was even a helicopter, which meant it was REALLY BAD. 

You tried to shut your eyes, so you didn't see any of the damage done by the accident. You didn't deal with that kind of thing well, so you ended up pulling into the nearest gas station to get your snacks. 

You got a Mountain Dew for Eddie and a some Starbursts for you to share.

The cashier checking you out, was a wearing a Pearl Jam shirt. He smiled, "You're Eddie Vedder's girl friend, right?"

"Yes," you replied.

"Oh, cool I love his music," he replied. 

"So do I," you said, giggling.

"Did you hear about the accident?" he asked.

"Yeah, but please, don't tell me anything," you replied, confused as to why he was asking you this question.

You grabbed your bag of snacks and left.

You tried to avoid the accident on the way back to the hotel, but the lights from the ambulances, police cars, and even helicopters were visible from all over the city.

When you got back to the hotel, you were surprised to find that the note you had left for Eddie, was still there and Eddie wasn't.

You weren't concerned, until you saw that you had 9 new voicemail messages.  

You listened to one of them and Mike's voice came across the line sounding sickeningly terrified, "Y/N, Eddie was in a terrible car wreck. The helicopters on it's way to the hospital, you need to come."

You shrieked and through the phone down. 

"Oh my God, tell me he's alright!" you cried, getting your keys and getting in the car.

You ran into the waiting room and Mike, was there. 

"They aren't letting us see him," Mike yelled.

"What the hell happened?" you asked.

"The driver in the other car fell asleep and swerved over the center line," Mike explained. 

"Oh my God!" you screamed.

~ ~ ~

After what seemed like an entire day, a doctor called you into a little, private room. "Your boyfriend," he said, "He's not okay, but he might be at some point in the future."

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

"Eddie's paralyzed, he's awake, but he can't move anything below the waist. He might be able to regain his strength with time and lots of therapy, but the odds of that happening are very slim," the doctor said. 

"Well, can I see him?" you cried, eagerly. 

"It's very scary. It's very traumatizing. I really don't think it's a good idea," the doctor told you.

"I don't care. It will make Eddie feel better and that's what matters to me," you replied.

"I understand," he said, he walked you to Eddie's room and you braced yourself. You walked into the room and tears filled your eyes as you saw Eddie. You began to sob.

"Don't cry," Eddie sniffled, "If you cry, I'll cry."

"Are you in pain?" you asked, trying to compose yourself. 

"Somehow yes, but I can't even feel anything below my waist," he replied, "But don't worry it's only temporary. The doctor says there's a slim chance I might be able to move again one day, but you know me. I defy all odds."

"You will," you smiled down at him. He motioned for you to come and lie in bed with him. You sprawled out next to Eddie. 

"You're mine," he whispered.

You held his hand, "I love you so much."

"I love you more, Y/N," he replied, "You know when they told me I was paralyzed, the first thing I thought was, 'I need to be able to walk on my wedding day,' so, Y/N when I'm healed. Do you wanna get married?" he asked. 

You cried even more as handed you the ring he always wore. "Yes," is all you could manage to say.

Eddie wrapped you in his arms. "Goodnight, baby. I love you more than anything," he said.

"I love you more than anything, Eddie," you replied, kissing him on the forehead.

You looked at the night sky. You had no clue what your future held, but as long as Eddie was there with you it didn't matter. You looked over him as he slept. You ran your hand through his knotted hair. 

"You're mine," you whispered, before falling asleep in his arms.

~ ~ ~

LMAO WOW I just made myself cry. I hope you liked this, please if you have any requests, let me know. I got one yesterday, which I am working on and am very excited for. Vote and spread the word if you like this because I really am proud of this work. New TO Live Is To Die chapter out either tonight or tomorrow morning and new Now I'm Here chapter out tomorrow. Alright, love you guys. XO~ Mrs. May.