7 Drunken Nights (Rick Savage x Joe Elliott x Steve Clark)

TW: Drinking, blood, unconscious 

It had been a long hard week of of total bullshit. It seemed as if each day was the same. Wake up. Watch TV, maybe do an interview or two. Then the best part, drinking.

There other bandmates, Phil and Rick had been sobering up and knew that Def Leppard and club gigs did not mix.

Joe, Rick, and Steve however didn't care that much. A few nights of heavy drinking couldn't hurt, right? Wrong.

🍻🍻🍻

"You ready for the concert, tonight, mates?" Joe asked as he entered the room.

"Yeah I'm a bit hungover, if I'm being honest, but you know. It won't be the first time I'm performing with a mad headache," Steve replied.

Joe slapped Sav on the back.

"What's the matter with you?" Joe questioned.

"Just a bit tired," Sav replied.

"Well wake up, sleepy head we got a show," Steve smiled.

They all sat joking around as they often did before.

Rick was casually falling asleep in the middle of their conversations.

"I've got no fucking idea how you're gonna do an entire show in the state you're in, Rick," Joe sighed.

Rick covered his face. "I don't know I'm drained, mate. I've got no more energy,"

*time skip: after the concert*

"Let's go get some fucking drinkkkks," Steve shouted. 

"Let me go change first," Joe said. 

"Hey, where's whatshisface?" Steve yelled. 

"Rick Sav?" Joe asked. 

"I don't know where he is," Steve said. 

"Well, neither do I he kinda disappeared after the show," Joe commented. 

"Fuck, let's go find him," Steve frowned. 

They had searched everywhere. And I mean everywhere. 

The hotel. 
Back stage.
The bar. 

"Fuck this is so bad, what the hell are we gonna do?" Steve asked. 

"I don't mate, but I'm about to piss myself, so I'm gonna run to the bathroom," Joe said. 

He went in and could not believe his eyes. 

Sav was half-naked, passed out on the floor. His head was bleeding from hitting the ground. 

"Oh my God," Joe yelled. He whipped open the bathroom door, "Steve!" he screamed, terror in his voice, "I think he's dead. "

Steve came in, "Holy shit," he whispered. 

Joe went running out to tell the manager, or anyone for that matter, to call 999. 

~ ~ ~

Within minutes, emergency operators had arrived at the scene. 

Steve and Joe were still comforting Sav's unconscious body. 

"It'll be okay, Sav," Joe said, "We just need you to pull through."

Steve rubbed Sav's back. 

WIthout an update on his condition, emergency doctors and nurses loaded Sav into an ambulance.

"Excuse me?" said Steve, "Can't you tell us the condition of our friend."

One of the doctors spoke up, "No. We cannot because we don't know his condition. All we know is that he has a pulse and an unnaturally high blood alcohol concentration level. This could mean he got drunk, passed out, and needs a few stitches to the head. Or it could mean something worse, we won't know till we get him tested."

Joe and Steve, both speechless just nodded. They knew Sav had been off for the last few days, but they never thought he could be crossing the thin line between life and death. 

~ ~ ~

Joe and Steve walked into the hospital room. Sav looked tired, but was clearly alive. 

"Mate, you gave us a fucking scare," Steve said, "BUt I don't give a damn as  long as your alive and well."

"I wouldn't say I'm feeling great, because to be honest I'm quite hungover, but I'm alive," Sav smirked. 

"Don't know what I'd do without you, Sav," Joe said.