chapter seven

George and Maya were walking behind the group but they were both trying to keep up the place.

George didn't know what to say, he was just glad that Maya had forgiven him and now he just didn't know what to say.

"So what family things were you doing?" Maya asked, which had snapped George out from his thoughts

"Huh?"

"Oh you said that's why you were late"

George responded "oh yeah. Just had a family lunch I had to go to. Just you know family things, I well. I have a big family as you know so.. there was a lot of people there and all that jazz"

Maya nodded a bit and asked, "how did it go?"

"Decent I guess." George said and shrugged saying "I got to see my friend Harry, he is dating my sister and he is a good person. He gave me some good advice that I have been thinking about"

"Oh, that's good, what was the advice?" Maya asked and then added, "if it's as good as you say I got to hear it now."

"Just. That grief isn't just about sadness, it's about the love you had for the person persevering" George softly said.

"Wow.. that's really good advice" Maya responded "Did you lose someone close to you recently?"

"It's.." George trailed off. Not knowing what to say but also not wanting to talk about it.

"We are here!" Sam called out to them, they were at a pub.

"We should catch up to them," George said and Maya nodded as they followed the rest of the group in.

George wasn't that hungry since he ate a lot at the burrow he just ordered water.

Maya ordered chicken tenders and she sat down next to George so she could get to know him more.

"I guess we should get to know each other" George said "well since we don't know each other that well" and he took a sip of his water

"Yeah, I would like that a lot" Maya responded and she smiled. "So it seems like you don't like to drink?"

"It's not that I don't like to, it's just," George said, "I'm not the best at holding my alcohol and well I try and stay away from it as much as I can, how about you?"

"Always hated the taste of it" Maya responded "I can do a shot or two but I don't like to drink it. If I have a choice in what I can drink I avoid it mostly. Are you going to uni?"

"No," George said "never really liked school, I dropped out of school. I dropped out before I graduated and well uni doesn't seem like a good option"

"Why did you drop out?"

"Well, I didn't like school and just felt like I was wasting my time there. Plus I opened up a shop with" George said and smiled a bit "it's quite successful, I haven't opened it in a while though."

Maya responded asking "why haven't you opened it in a while?" And the waiter came and gave her chicken tenders and fries. She ate a fry

"Just. Personal stuff" George said "yeah Um just life stuff plus I moved here so"

Maya nodded and didn't want to pry as it was obvious that he didn't want to talk about it anymore.

"So, you want to go into social work you said, right?" George asked "That sounds like a neat thing to go into, I don't know much about it"

"Yeah, I like the program at my school, and social work is such a broad umbrella major. Like if I want to I can go into therapy or work with kids. What I'm doing is working with older adults" Maya explained.

"Woah," George said "I didn't know that" he was interested in this and was listening to every word that Maya was saying.

Maya smiled saying "you learn something new every day" and started to eat the rest of her food.

Since Maya was and George didn't want to make her talk with her mouth food he just started to ramble about random things.

"It's nice coming from a big family but it can be quite annoying, especially since my older brothers were basically perfect in my parent's eyes," George said. "But eh I don't care about it that much. We are fine now anyway."

Maya just nodded as George talked, whether she was eating or didn't know what to say or both. She finished and said "do you want to go back to the apartment building? It gets boring here after we all eat and drink"

"Sure," George said and they both got up. Maya went to pay and she left a tip. Then they went back to the apartment building.

"Do you want to go back to my place or back to yours?" Maya asked

"We can go back to mine if that's okay," George said softly. George went and unlocked his apartment door and he let Maya in. "We can sit on the couch if you want"

Maya nodded and went and sat down and George sat down next to her. "I think friends is on if you want to watch that"

"Sure!" Maya smiled and George turned it on. They watched it for hours. George laughed way too hard at all the jokes. Even the ones that weren't even that funny and Maya would laugh at those too because George was laughing and his laugh was contagious. They stayed up watching hours of friends. It was two am when they both were very sleepy. George grabbed the blanket from his bed and he came back and sat down and put it over them.

Maya yawned saying "it's late" When she noticed the time.

"You can stay over if you want," George said in between yawns.

"I don't want-"

"It's no problem"

That's how they fell asleep, next to each other.