chapter twelve

Maya started at George and then his wand and then George again. She said, "what the hell, you are magic. You just did magic, I need to process this" she puts a hand to her mouth and points to George "you aren't lying are you?"

"I'm not, my whole family is wizards." George responded, "I went magic school and all that. Do you need me to explain everything?"

"I need to sit down first" Maya responded and she went to sit back on the porch. George went over and sat down next to her.

"So you have magic, " Maya said after a few minutes of silence

"Yes"

"And, your whole family has magic," Maya said

"Yep!" George said and grinned

"Cool cool cool..." Maya softly said

"Okay," George said "I'm sure you have a lot of questions but don't know where to start. One, you are a muggle. That's what wizards call non-magic people. Two, the thing I showed you is a Patronus and you need to think of your happiest memory to produce it."

Maya nodded and was trying to think of questions to ask but couldn't think of any. She played with her shoelaces and then asked "you said Fred died in an accident? Did he?"

George sighed softly saying "I should have known you would ask this... So there was this wizard, Voldemort and he is a bad dude. There was this war and he died in it, that was about three months ago"

"Wait, you fought in a war?" Maya said and she looked at him and added "no wonder you are going through stuff. That is a very traumatic experience"

George shrugged a bit, brushing it off by saying "anyways, a lot of people died in the war. Not much I can do"

"And how was this on the news or anything?" Maya asked

"It's. There is this thing that muggles can't see magic. Well, these big events. Oh... technically I'm not supposed to tell you all this but it's fine" George said

"They aren't going to wipe my brain or something?"

George shrugged and said "maybe?"

"What do you mean maybe Weasley?" Maya in an annoyed tone said and crossed her arms

"I don't know all the rules, but for now just pretend you don't know all this," George said he was so nonchalant about this whole situation.

"Weasley! I could get my brain wiped, you are way too calm about this!" Maya responded very annoyed at George

"What? As long as you don't tell anyone you are fine" George grumbled a bit "besides you won't tell anyone right?"

"I won't because I don't want my brain wiped or whatever insane thing you wizards do" Maya responded, still very annoyed. "I should go"

"I would offer to take you back but we don't want anyone to get suspicious," George said "plus I would have to teleport you back home since I can't drive those cars"

Maya sighed, she got up shaking her head, and said "see you later Weasley"

George grinned at her and said "Bye Maya Gilbert"
and Maya headed back inside.

After a few minutes, George headed back inside and Molly said "your friend is nice"

"Thanks, mom, Maya is" George grinned at her and went up to his room and closed the door.

He sat down on the bed and ran his hands through his hair and mumbled to himself.
"Jeez, you are so stupid.."

He looked around the room. There were two beds in the room since he and Fred would share the room. "Oh, Fred.. you would be laughing at me right now" He laughed to himself saying "you would say I can't believe you told her that you are a wizard instead of telling her you like her."

"You would also laugh at me for talking to myself" George said to himself. "That's probably why your neighbors think you are crazy. You also would say how I need to write things down because I missed meeting with the therapist Harry told me about"

"I really need to stop talking to myself more" George said and he sat down on his bed. Fred's side of the room looked exactly how he left it. Fred was always the neat twin. He made sure that everyone was in its place and that everything was in place. He had all his paper neatly on his desk and had a drawer with just invention ideas and blueprints. On the other hand George's side was more messy. Random papers on the desk, clothes thrown on the chair and on the desk. Nothing in its right place but show how in the right place.

His side of the room was always a mess, even when both Fred and George lived in the room. It would drive Fred nuts on how disorganized George was. Though he would live with it because George kept his mess to his side and rarely ever let it go on Fred's side which was very much appreciated by Fred.

"I really should head back to my own apartment" George again spoke to himself. He got up and grabbed some papers from his desk and tried to straighten things out. He noticed some of his clothes going onto Fred's side and said "Fred you would be yelling at me right now" he laughed a bit and stuck the clothes in his bag that he brought.

He went downstairs after hearing that Maya and Hermione had left. "Hey mom, I should head back to my place"

Molly walked over to him and asked "are you sure? Will you be okay there? How about I pack some food for your place"

"One, yes. Two, yes I will be fine. I have friends there now and three you know that's a yes" George said and gave her a big grin.

"Are you sure though?" Molly softly asked "maybe you should stay here for a few more days" and she walked into the kitchen.

George followed her saying "I'm fine really, I want to go back. Plus I miss it there. It's a nice place and the bed is pretty comfortable and the people there are decent"

"Okay.." Molly hesitantly said. She packed up some food in a container and gave it to George, "also you should invite your friend maya here again. She seems very nice and I am glad you are making friends"

George nodded and smiled saying "I will ask her" and he said "I promise I will visit again" he apprated away back to the apartment and he put the food away in the fridge.