chapter eleven

"Hey, Maya.." George said and looked very confused, "what are you doing here?"

"I will leave you two alone," Molly said and she got up and left the room, leaving Naya and George alone.

"I haven't seen you in a while and I got concerned" Maya responded and she crossed her arms.

"It's only been three days Gilbert, I'm not dying or anything" George argued back.

"Yeah but it's weird," Maya said, she was trying to justify why she was so worried. "I finally see you after a month of hiding in your apartment and then you disappear again. You are my friend so I have every right to worry about you"

"So you come to my mom's house to stalk me" George joked and laughed a bit

"Okay, when you put it like that it seems creepy" Maya responded and looked at him and still was concerned. "So what's up?"

"The thing that is up is that you are a creepy stalker who somehow found out where my mom lives and came to my childhood home," George said and was teasing her, he didn't care that much. Well, he was very entertained by the whole situation.

"Okay first off. I did not stalk you" Maya argued, "Hermione, I ran into her at her parent's dentist's office and I told her how I was worried about an ass who just disappears for three days without saying anything. And she offered to bring me to said ass." she had turned her worrying into being a bit angry.

"Well I'm sorry for worrying you," George said, "just... I" He trailed off, either not knowing what to say or not wanting to say it.

"Hey." Maya softly said, "Are you okay? You know that you can tell me"

George looked at Maya and then softly said "I just... I went through a lot when Fred died and I was in a dark place for a while and I just felt like I was falling back into bad habits so I thought maybe coming back home for a few days would help. It has been nice, my mom cooks the best food. " and he grinned at the end of talking.

Maya looked at George and didn't know what to say. He said something really sad and dark and then ended it with a smile. But I guess that is George.

Molly came back into the room and said "I made some lunch if you two want to eat something."

"Sure, thanks mom" George smiled and he got up from the couch and went into the kitchen, Maya got up and followed him. Hermione and Ron were already sitting at the table.

Ron smiled and waved at Maya and said "Hello! You must be Maya right? George has talked about you since he got here"

"You talked about me, Weasley?" Maya said and she looked over at George

"Now I'm going to talk about how you are a creepy stalker," George said with a huge grin on his face.

"Oh be quiet" Maya groaned and Molly sat down giving them all a plate of food that was very full.

They all started to eat. George would make a random joke in a while but otherwise, everyone was pretty quiet while they ate their lunch.

After lunch George and Maya were sitting on the porch. They both were sitting in silence.

"So.. are we going to talk about the elephant in the room?" George asked

"What elephant in the room?" Maya asked and looked at him

"That you stalked me and found where I lived" George bluntly said

"Okay, so I did not mean to stalk you. I did not stalk you" Maya said and added, "It was a happy accident that Hermione knew where you were okay?"

"Still, you came and we have only known each other for a few days," George said

"We are friends"

"Look you are nice," George said not knowing what else to say

"Woah thanks for that lovely compliment Weasley," Maya said

"And you are a girl" George added and was just digging himself a deeper grave at this point

"Woah that is a great observance Weasley" Maya sarcastically and she crossed her arms and looked at him with daggers in her eye

"I didn't mean that as an insult or anything," George said and he was clearly stumbling over his words. He rubbed his hands on his pants, as he seemed to be getting nervous

"What is up George? " Maya asked and was now concerned. "What's wrong?"

"Look, it's good that you care a lot about me" George softly said "and it is really nice and, you are very nice for caring so much about me. It's really sweet" He started to ramble a bit.

"Okay, you are rambling and you are making no sense," Maya said and she looked at him, she got up from the porch and added "if you want me to leave I will leave" and she went to leave but George quickly got up and grabbed her hand. She looked at George and said "Weasley if you want to say something tell me now"

"I... I'm a wizard" George blurted out, he was going to say something much different but he blurted that out.

Maya, like most people, when someone would say magic is real she started to laugh. "Yeah and I am a mermaid"

"I am not joking," George said and then he let go of her hand quickly. "I am being serious. I am a wizard"

Maya kept laughing and thought this was some funny joke. "George, I'm not buying this"

"I am being serious," George said and looked very serious. He took out his wand.

"That is a stick," Maya said and she laughed even more

"It is not just a stick Maya," George said "I can do magic, and I can prove it."

"Prove it then

George said "Expecto Patronum" and a Hyena ran around them

"Holy shit"