chapter ten

A couple of days had passed and Maya didn't see George at all. She passed by his apartment and knocked a couple of times but didn't get a response. She was getting concerned and didn't know what to do. She had talked to Sam about it and he said he would lookout to see if he sees George but he never did.

Maya was running out of ideas on what to do. She had looked up his name on the computer to see if anything would pop up but nothing did.

Maya had a dentist appointment on the third day since George went mia. She was sitting in the waiting room and was waiting. Maya recognized her as her dentist's daughter, Hermione Granger.

"Hey! Hermione right?" Maya said and she smiled, she got up and sat down next to her. "How are you doing today?"

Hermione smiled and kindly responded, "yeah, you are Maya right?"

Maya nodded

"Oh and I'm doing well today, how about yourself," Hermione asked

"Could be better I guess" Maya softly said "I haven't seen my friend for a couple of days and I'm getting worried"

"Oh... That isn't good" Hermione softly said "What is your friend's name? Maybe I know them"

"George, George Weasley'' Maya responded with a worried tone. "He is tall and he has red hair"

"Oh, I know him" Hermione responded and added, "I'm dating his brother, I know where he is, you have an appointment right now right?"

Maya nodded and said "yeah whenever I get called in, and is he okay? I am very worried about him"

"Yeah... Um after your appointment I can bring you to him" Hermione softly said "is that okay with you?"

Maya nodded and then she got called in.

When Maya was in Hermione had gone into the bathroom to send a message through her Patronus charm to Molly letting her know about Maya coming over and that she is a muggle so to try and refrain from using magic around her.

After about forty minutes Maya was finished in the dentist and they left to go to the burrow. Hermione has driven them there. She had gotten her license after the war.

"That is a very interesting house" Maya softly said as she got out of the car once they parked.

"Molly, she is nice" Hermione softly said "I'm sure you will like her"

They walked up to the door and Hermione knocked on the door, three knocks.

knock, knock, and knock

Molly opened the door with a huge smile and said "hello! You must be Maya!" and she let them both in.

Maya smiled and softly said "hey, nice to meet you. I'm George's friend. We live in the same apartment building"

Molly smiled and responded "ah yes yes Hermione told me about you" and ushered her to sit down.

Hermione asked, "is Ron upstairs?"

Molly nodded and kindly said "he should be in his room dear, knock before you enter" and Hermione went upstairs leaving Maya alone with Molly.

"Sit dear, do you want some tea or anything to eat?" Molly asked as Maya sat down.

"I'm good" Maya smiled, Molly sat down in a chair to the right of her while Maya sat down at the end of the couch

"So you live in the same apartment building as George?" molly asked making sure she had the right information and clearing it up with her

"Yes I do" Maya softly said and then gently added "I am very sorry for your loss"

Molly's facial expression changed to a sad one but she managed to make a smile, it was a very sad smile but a smile nonetheless. "So George told you?"

Maya nodded a bit and added "speaking of George, I haven't seen him in a while and I'm quite worried. I mean it has only been three days and it took me a month to meet him-"

"Sorry to interrupt dear, but what do you mean it took you a month to meet him?" Molly asked, quite confused as she knew that George had been living there for a month.

"He was a bit of a ghost in the apartment building. He mostly stayed in his apartment for the first month, I only met him last Tuesday because I ran out of sugar" Maya explained

"Oh.." was all that Molly said, which made Maya feel very awkward and crazy for being at George's mom house

"He is very nice" Maya softly said "well at first he was a bit of... Well pardon my language a bit of an arse but he is fine now. He is very funny and his laugh is contagious"

"He is telling jokes again?" Molly questioned, "and he is laughing again?"

Maya nodded saying "he was laughing at this show" she saw Molly's confused look, "it's called friends."

"Oh okay," Molly responded, still sounding confused but didn't ask further.

"So. Where is he?" Maya asked, she was very concerned and had a worried expression on her face.

"He has been here for the last couple of days actually" Molly responded, " he came here three days ago, did he not tell you?"

"He didn't" Maya softly said "but it's fine, I was just worried, yeah I may have over-worried quite a bit but still. Worried nonetheless"

Molly nodded and smiled saying "you seem to care a lot about George"

"Yeah, I do. We haven't been friends the longest but we are friends" Maya responded "and well. I care about my friends too much, sometimes my mom says I care way too much about people"

Molly smiled at Maya and in a kind, tone said "it isn't something to be ashamed of dear, that you care about people. George is in his room, he may be asleep though-"

Georges's voice called out from upstairs, "mom who is there?" and he came down the stairs and looked at them.

"Hey, Weasley" was all Maya could think to say.