chapter fourteen

Ginny and George talked for hours about ways George could ask out Maya. He did tell her about how he told Maya about wizards and Ginny laughed for five minutes straight.

"Oh, George. You told her that wizards exist before you wanted to admit your feelings?"

"Yep that sounds about right" George responded and he chuckled a bit.

"Okay so how do you want to ask her out? Ginny asked, "do you know what you want to say?"

"Not particularly but I will figure that part out later," George said "plus I'm great at thinking on my feet"

Ginny laughed at that responding "yeah comes from the person who told her wizards exists"

"I panicked!" George said, trying to defend himself.

Ginny laughed a bit and shook her head. "Okay, do you know what she likes to do?"

"She likes to read," George said "you know what... I have an idea"

"Great! What is it?" Ginny asked

"Now that's a surprise for later Ginevra" George grinned

Ginny groaned a bit and said "I hate when you do that"

George grinned and said "It's a surprise Ginny if I tell you that would take away from the surprise aspect of it"

Maya was at the bookshop working. Sam was at the shop too.

"So how has it been, you know getting to know George," Sam asked, "I know I told you I would help but it seems like you are doing fine on your own"

Maya rolled her eyes and said "yeah thanks for all the 'help' you promise" she put help in air quotes

"You didn't need my help anyways," Sam smiled and said. "You got to know George on your own"

Maya nodded. She of course didn't tell Sam about how George is a wizard. She is still trying to process the whole thing.

George walked into the bookstore and smiled, waving at Maya and Sam.
"Hey!" George smiled

"Hey George" Maya smiled and Sam waved at George.

Sam said "see you later Maya, you too George" he waved goodbye at them and he left the shop

George asked "when do you get off?" He had this whole plan on asking Maya out but decided to wing it.

Maya looked at the time and it was around one pm. "I get off in an hour . Why?"

"Would you like to go out to lunch with me?" George asked and he grinned at Maya.

Maya looked at him and then asked "are you asking me on a date Weasley?"

"Yep," George said softly , "is that okay?"

Maya nodded and smiled at George and said "I would love to go out for lunch. If you want to stay here until I get off."

"That sounds good" George smiled and said "see you in an hour" and he went to look at some books.

After an hour Maya walked over to George who was reading a book. "Hey" Maya softly said

George smiled and he got up and said "Hey Maya, ready to go?"

Maya nodded and George grinned and he held Maya hand as they left the shop.

As they left the bookshop. George was thinking to himself. He was doing better. He had a appointment with a therapist next week and he is now going on a date with an awesome girl. He felt like things were finally getting better and he was happier than he was a couple weeks ago. A lot can change in a couple weeks.

"Away from all the fears and all the faults you've left behind"
-The Cave, Mumford and Sons