chapter thirteen

It was the next day. George woke up the next morning to banging at the door. He groaned and he opened the door saying "okay be quiet! Jeez I'm trying to sleep"

"Wow that's how you treat your little sister" Ginny responded and she crossed her arms

"You are banging my door like a madwoman and waking up the whole building " George responded and he let Ginny in the apartment.

Ginny looked around and George said "you can sit at the kitchen table if you want"

Ginny sat down and George sat down in front of her and Ginny said "so mom told me that a friend of yours came over to the house because she was worried about you"

"Yep, her name is Maya" George responded and he smiled a bit

Ginny looked at George and then asked "do you like her?"

"What?" George said and looked at her making sure that he had heard her right. " no no I don't I don't know why you think that-"

"You heard me," Ginny said

"Wow you are not being a very nice guest Gin," George said, in a very sarcastic tone.

Ginny said "you have been living here for about a month and you haven't invited me here, so that's rude"

George shook his head a bit and responded "look-"

"No you look, I know you," Ginny said "I remember when you started to like someone when we were in school and you had the same look you did back then. You have a crush"

"We aren't grade-school children Ginny," George said "we don't say we have a crush on someone and gossip"

"Well you like her so" Ginny responded, "so this isn't just gossip"

"I am not admitting to anything," George said and he crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair. "Not admitting anything"

Ginny sighed and said, "I know you are still thinking about Fred, we all are but you and I both know what he would say."

"I know I know," George mumbled. Fred was always the more outgoing twin and if he liked someone he would flirt with them.

"Plus he would want you to be happy" Ginny smiled and looked at George and softly said "you should ask her out"

"I don't even know what to say or where to go," George softly said.

"What does she like? And how would you describe her?"Ginny asked

"She works at a bookstore," George said "and she is very nice. She is funny too and she just. I don't know how to describe it. She just makes me happy. She cares about me and wants me to be happy and I want her to be happy too. Even when I snapped at her she still cares and doesn't seem to mind that I am me. I mean she was worried when I disappeared for three days."

Ginny grinned at George and chuckled knowing she was right. She said "yeah. You like her"

George softly said "I do... man I need to ask her out"

Ginny grinned saying "oh I can help with that"