7

I took a sip of the tea. I looked at the three people that I know. The bald man from the butcher shop, Blaine, and the cop who helped put me through the worst time of my life. "You know when a kid runs away from a guardian." the cop said. "If you must know, I did not run away. I walked out with my so-called guardian watching me walk out." I said. 

"Besides, can't a teenage girl see her friend after being locked up for five years?" I added before I sipped the last of the tea. "Not without your guardian's permission and seeing that he had to ask us to find you, that means you did not ask to leave." the cop said. 

"Sue me," I said before I got off the last step. I turned and walked to the kitchen. "And where do you think you are going?" the cop asked. "To the kitchen, I am not a terrible guest," I answered when I got to the kitchen. I put the cup into the sink before turning around. I walked back to the main part of the house. 

"Thanks for dropping by, but you all can go now," I said when I got to the entryway. "No can do unless you leave with Blaine and go to your new home." the cop said. "Ann, why did you not tell me that you have a guardian?" Rachel asked, making me look at her. 

"What would have you done? It's been five years, Rachel. Would you have turned me away that fast?" I asked her. She opened her mouth to answer before she closed it. "I guess that was my answer," I said before I walked past her and towards Blaine. "Are you going to hand me my bag or are you going to keep it?" I asked him. "You will get your bag back once we get to my place. Now, come on.....before it gets too late." Blaine said. 

I looked at Rachel before I walked towards the door with Blain, bald man, cop, and the other girl following behind me. I took a deep breath of air before I walked down the path. "You can sit in the backseat." The bald man said before he walked to the passenger side. I rolled my eyes before I opened up the back passenger door. 

I climbed into the car, closing the door behind me. I looked to see Rachel standing in the doorway of her house. Blaine and Bald man climbed in. Blaine put my bag in the back with me before he turned the engine on. "Put your seat belt on," Blaine said. I rolled my eyes again before I put the seat belt on. 

I looked back at Rachel before Blaine drove away from her house. The bald man grabbed something before he handed it to Blaine. 

"Here you go, kid. It's the rest of the brains from the food that you didn't finish from the butcher shop." Blaine said before he handed it towards me. I looked at him before I grabbed the container that he was handing to me. "Don't make a mess in my car," he said. I looked at him before I took the cover off. I looked out the window as I took a bite of one piece of the brain. 

"Who's brain is this?" I asked as we got closer to Meat Cute. "I believe a yoga teacher's," Blaine said as he parked outside the store. "You will trade places with Don E, once he leaves," Blaine said. I put the cover-up on the container before I unbuckled the seat belt. I grabbed my bag before I opened the door. 

I climbed out at the same time the bald man or I guess Don D climbed out. I closed the door before Don E moved out of the way, leaving the passenger door open. He gave me a small smile as I put my bag on the floor before climbing in. Once my legs were inside the car, Don E closed the door. He waved at Blaine before he walked inside the butcher shop. Before Blaine could tell me, I put the seat belt on. 

"Where too now?" I asked before reopened the container. "My place. I don't have a room ready for you yet so, you'll have to sleep on the couch tonight." Blaine answered before I put another piece of brain in my mouth. I looked out the window at all the buildings that are passing by. Every so often I would put a piece of the brain into my mouth. 

I sat up a little straighter when I saw that we are driving to one of the rich neighborhoods of Seattle. I have never been able to walk on these streets because every time I did, I would have police telling me to leave. The one time that I was in a rich neighborhood was when I was in a home with this rich family. 

They only let me live with them for a month before I realized they just wanted to foster me to show the neighborhood and their friends that they are nice people. Newsflash, they were not nice people. I put another piece of the brain in my mouth. "How long have you lived in a rich neighborhood?" I asked. "Almost a decade," Blaine answered as he pulled into the driveway of one of the houses. 

I put one more piece of the brain in my mouth before I unbuckled my seat belt

I put one more piece of the brain in my mouth before I unbuckled my seat belt. I put the cover on top of the container before I opened up the car door. I climbed out of the car. I looked around at the street before I grabbed the strap of my backpack. I put it on my shoulder before closing the door of the car. 

"Alright, you can follow me. I'm sure I might have some smaller clothes that you can wear until I get you new clothes." Blaine said before he locked the car. "Annabell?" a confused voice asked from the overside of the street. I turned around only to see some people that I thought I would never see again. 

"Oh, my. It is you." the voice said again. "Shit on a stick." I quietly said to myself. They walked over to me. "Wait, you three know each other," Blaine said as he walked over to my side. I put the container with the rest of the brain behind me, so they will not see the brain. 

"In a way, yes. Annabell was our foster kid many years ago." one of my old foster moms said. I rolled my eyes. That's when it clicked. I turned and looked at Blaine. "Did you have brown hair before?" I asked. He looked at me before nodding. "Yeah, I did. How did you know?" Blaine asked. 

"She remembers you from when she lived with us. It was eight years ago. Not sure if you remember us. I'm Phillip Larson. This is my wife Juliet." my old foster dad said. "Right, well. Annabell, why don't we go inside and get something to eat? Nice seeing you guys." Blaine said. "Wait, what are you doing here?" Juliet asked before we even got to walk away. 

"Well, if you must know...Annabell here is my adopted daughter. The papers were signed today and if you excuse us...I better make sure that Annabell here, is full." Blaine said before he put his hands on my shoulders. 

I took a step away, making it so he is not touching me anymore. I turned around making sure the container turned with me. "Bye," Blaine said before he started to walk to the door. I looked at my old foster parents before I followed Blaine to the main door.