15

I took a long sip as Blaine pulled into an almost full parking lot. After Blaine parked in a spot, he took a long sip of his smoothie before he unbuckled his seat belt. "Alright, if you still have smoothie leftover, you can bring it in with you," Blaine said as I unbuckled my seat belt. I looked at him before I pushed the door open. I climbed out of the car and looked at the school as I closed the door. 

I heard a door open and close before the car locked. I looked over at Blaine before I started to slowly walk to the school's doors. "You alright?" Blaine asked as he caught up with me. "Yeah, I'm fine," I said before taking a sip of what is left of my smoothie. 

He gave me a skeptical looked before we walked into the school. I looked around at the halls as we walked to the office. Even when I am looking at the lockers and the posters that are on the walls, I could tell Blaine is looking at me. When we got to the office, a few kids are sitting in here.... since it is a school day. There is one person behind the main desk. 

"Hi, how can I help you two?" the lady asked. She lightly smiled at Blaine as he walked up to the counter. "My daughter here has a test that she's supposed to take," Blaine said. I looked at the students who are sitting there waiting before walking up to Blaine's side. "You must me Annabell. You can follow me. I have your test and a pencil all set up for you." the lady said. I looked at Blaine before I followed her into a smaller room. I looked at her as she closed the door. 

I sighed before sitting down. I put the travel mug down on the table as the door opened to show a man. "Hi, Miss. McDonough. I'm Anthony Everett, principal at the school here. I will be sitting with you while you take your test." the man said as he sat at the other side of the table. 

"You can start the test whenever you are ready

"You can start the test whenever you are ready. If you do not know the answer to a question that is on the test, you can skip it. If you need a break from taking the test just ask." Mr. Everett said. I grabbed the pencil. I looked up at him before I put my name on the top of the test. I took deep breaths as I made sure that I answered all the questions that I could. 

========================================================

I put my pencil down after two so hours. I slide the paper and pencil towards Mr. Everett. He turned his phone off and looked down at the paper. He grabbed the paper and the pencil. "Alright, you and your dad can wait while I go see what grade you will be in." Mr. Everett said. I grabbed the travel mug before getting up from the chair. 

He walked out of the room and went to his off. I took a breath and walked out of the room and towards Blaine, who is sitting in one of the chairs waiting for me. "Hey," I said while sitting next to him. He looked at me with a small smile on his face. 

"So, what now? Are we free to go?" Blaine asked as he turned his phone off and laid it down in his lap. "The principal said he's looking over the answers that I put down on the test to see what grade I have to be in," I said. Blaine nodded his head. "Okay, so once we are done here......we have to go to one of my businesses, but we can stop by the house so you can grab some things to keep you entertained since it's going to be a long time at the business," Blaine said. I nodded my head as the lady that is behind the counter walked into I'm guessing the principal's office. 

"Oh, and I have two surprises for you waiting in the car," Blaine said. I looked at him in confusion and shock. "Mr. McDonough.....Miss. McDonough." I voice said making me and Blaine look to see the lady from behind the counter. 

Blaine and I got up from the chairs before we walked into the principal's office. "It's nice to meet you Mr. McDonugh. I'm Mr. Everett, the principal at the school. Please sit down." Mr. Everett said. 

I looked at Blaine before I sat down in one of the chairs that are by Mr. Everett's desk. "So, how did she do?" Blaine asked as he sat down. "Amazing, She was able to answer all the questions. Even the extra questions." Mr. Everett said. "Really," Blaine said, surprised that I answered all of them. "Yeah and the answers......they were all correct." Mr. Everett said. 

"Really," Blaine repeated, still surprised. I looked at Mr. Everett in confusion. I had no clue that I got all of them correct. "It's true. Your daughter is gifted. So, there are a few opinions that you can choose from. She can either attend school here or there is plenty of online options to pick from." Mr. Everett said. Blaine looked at me. 

"She could go here. Best to have people for her to talk to other than me and my friends." Blaine answered. "Great, so....there are papers that have to be filled out and classes that she has to pick out." Mr. Everett said. He handed a clipboard that is holding a bunch of pieces of paper to Blaine along with a pencil. Blaine grabbed them before grabbing the pencil. I looked at his reaction to the papers knowing that he will not be able to fill them out. I rolled my eyes before grabbing the clipboard from him. He looked at me before handing the pencil over. 

Name: Annabell McDonough
Age:13
Disabilities if any: PTSD, ADD, Anxiety, Panic attacks, and Anxiety attacks
Allergies if any: Pineapple, Almonds, and Bees.
Birthday: January 1st
Parents/Guardians: Blaine McDonough
Parent or Guardian relationship to student: Adopted dad
Emergency contact: Blaine McDonough

After filling out the papers, I gave them to Blaine. He signed the papers before he put his number down by the emergency contact. Mr. Everett then handed me two pieces of paper. After Blaine put his number down he handed the pencil over to me. I looked at one of the papers to see all the classes that I could be in. I looked over at Blaine before I filled out the class list. 

Once I finished listing the classes that I seem interested in, I gave the pencil and the papers to Mr. Everett. Blaine did the same. "Alright, I will have Dorris at the desk get a schedule ready for you. It should be ready by Monday so you will start school then." Mr. Everett said once he had all the paperwork. "Great, thank you for seeing us. Annabell will see you Monday." Blaine said as he got up from the chair. I followed in suit. I made sure I had the traveling mug and Blaine has his traveling mug too. 

"Great, see you Monday." Mr. Everett said after shaking Blaine's hand. I gave him a small smile before the two of us walked out of his office. "Right, let's head out," Blaine said. I smiled at him before we walked out of the building. 

When we got to Blaine's car, I opened the passenger door. That's when I saw a few different boxes on the seat. I looked at Blaine before I picked them up. I climbed into the car, putting the boxes on my lap. I closed the door before looking at what Blaine got me. 

A smile spread across my face when I saw everything Blaine gave me

A smile spread across my face when I saw everything Blaine gave me. "I hope you like it all. I thought since you are starting school that you might want and or need something to contact me on and I think you might need the laptop for school work and whatever else. As long as it's appropriate for your age." Blaine said. I smiled at him before I made sure the covers were on all the boxes. 

When we got back home, I put the new things that Blaine gave me into my other new backpack. I then put my new sketchbook, a container of color pencils, a pencil bag with pencils and erasers, and a book into the bag. I ended up getting two backpacks with Don E just for times like this. I closed the bag before I put the bag on my back. I walked out of my room and out of the house. I made sure the door was closed and locked before I climbed into the car. I took the bag off and put it on the floor. Blaine reminded me to put my seat belt on before he drove away from the house.