20

When we got home, I climbed out of the car...trying my best to keep my new bearded dragon safe. I smiled at Blaine as I walked to the house door. He walked behind me with the containers in his hands. When I got to inside the house, Jessie was there about to walk up the stairs when she saw me. "Hey." She said. I smiled at her as Blaine walked into the house. 

"Hey, Jessie. Can you help Annabell bring this up to her room?" Blaine asked as he handed the containers to her. Jessie nodded her head before she grabbed the containers of mealworms from Blaine. She looked at them before the two of us walked up the stairs. 

"You don't seem grossed out by the mealworms," I said as we got closer to my room. "I grew up in Texas. There are bugs and animals all around no matter where you go. I also had a pet lizard growing up. So they don't bother me at all." Jessie said. I looked at her before we walked into my room. She put the containers of mealworms on my desk. "Well, I'll be in my room if you need anything," Jessie said. 

She turned to walk out of the room. "Hey, Jessie," I said making her turn around. "Yeah?" she asked me. "Are you going to be in the house on weekdays?" I asked. "Yeah, why?" She questioned. "The bearded dragon is supposed to be feed three times a day. Doing school days I will only be able to feed him twice. I was just wondering if you could feed him lunch for me." I said. She nodded her head. "Yeah, I can do that. How much do I feed him?" She asked me. 

"Two mealworms for each meal," I answered. "Great, yeah...I can do that for you." Jessie said with a smile on her face. I smiled back at her before she turned and walked out of the room. I put the box with my new pet on my desk not too far from the mealworms. I opened the box to see my new pet. I smiled at him. I carefully picked him up. 

"Hi," I said to him. He looked over at me the second he heard my voice. I smiled at him before I opened the top of the cafe. I carefully put my hand into the cage and slide him off my hand. He looked up at me before walking around the whole cage. 

I moved the box that he was in before I grabbed one of the mealworm containers. I took the cover off. I then picked up one mealworm before putting the mealworm into the cage. He ran over to my hand. I watched him eat the mealworm. A smile spread across my face as I went to grab another mealworm. "Here you go Marvel," I said as I put the last mealworm in the cage.

 He looked at me before he ate the last mealworm. I closed the cage and put the cover on the mealworms. I grabbed the other container and put them on a shelf. I had cleaned off a shelf just for stuff that will be used for the bearded dragon.

I grabbed the box that he was in. I flattened it before I put it in the trash can that is under the desk. I sat down in my desk chair before I rolled over to the cage so I can watch Marvel. He is looking all over the cage. Exploring every inch of his new home. I smiled at him before my smile disappeared. "I have school tomorrow, Marvel," I said. He looked over at me with a tilt of the head. 

============================================

"Annabell, it's time to wake up." a voice said making me stir in my sleep. The curtains that are covering the windows opened before the lights turned on. "Annabell, it's time to get up." the same voice said. I groaned as I rubbed my eyes. I sat up and looked to see Jessie standing there. "Why did you have to wake me up?" I asked. "You have school," Jessie said. 

I looked down at the bedsheets. "Now get up and get ready.....Blaine is downstairs getting breakfast ready." Jessie said before she walked out of the room. I groaned and threw the sheets off my body. I looked at Marvel's cage as I walked by. He's up and chilling out under the heat lamp. 

I walked into the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind me. I stripped out of my pajamas. I put them in the clothes hamper before walking into the closet. Am I really ready for school? I mean, I haven't been in a school since I was eight. I started to pull on many different pieces of clothing, trying to find the best outfit to wear on my first day. Once I was dressed, I walked into the bathroom and started to do my hair. 

Once I finished my hair, I looked at my reflection before I unlocked the door

Once I finished my hair, I looked at my reflection before I unlocked the door. I pulled it open and walked over to my desk. I grabbed my backpack and put it on my back. I grabbed the container of mealworms. I took the cover off and laid it down on the desk. I grabbed a mealworm before opening the top of the cage. "Marvel, time to eat," I said. He got up and looked at me. Probably not used to being called Marvel. He climbed down from the ledge that he is on before walking over to my hand. 

I opened it up letting him eat the first mealworm. I smiled at him before grabbing the last mealworm. Once he was done eating, I pet his head with my pointer finger a few times before I closed the cover. 

I grabbed the cover before putting it on top of the container that the rest of the mealworms are in. I put the container down on the shelf before I put some hand sanitizer on my hands.

 I watched Marvel run around his cage. I smiled before I grabbed my phone. I slid it into my pocket before walking out of the room, down the hall, and down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen to see Blaine making scrambled eggs with fried brains. I started to worry that Jessie will know the truth about zombies. She walked into the room with a plate in her hands. That's when I saw eggs and friend brains on it. I looked at her before Blaine put a plate in front of me. I grabbed a fork before I started to eat. 

My hunger slowly subsiding with each bite I take. I just hope that this brain will not have much effect on me.