Chapter 36: Strange Voices & Encounters

~At the Park, South City, Main Island

"Emblem Charge!"

Akira shoots her special move and knocks down the targets, in the form of empty water bottles, in front of her. She was joined by Shiro, Kamon, Misuru, and Ken. They were all observing Akira's training performance.

She's still a new B-Shot and Crossfire player, so she hasn't gotten used to her skills but is making improvements, slowly. After knocking down the targets, Akira runs to another spot in the park and sees another set of targets in the park's surrounding area. She quickly gets into her stance and begins to fire marbles at the targets with a fast pace.

"Keep your focus, don't lose composure... Eyes are always on the target..." Akira says in her thoughts as she continues to fire marbles at the targets and knocking them out.

Shiro smiles and nods, "Looks like Akira-chan's doing well in her training." She says with confidence.

"You're right, her skills are improving as the time goes by." Gorgon says, commenting on the silvernette's skills.

"Buzz-buzz! And in no time, she'll be full-fledged B-Shot, like the rest of us." Misuru crossed his arms on his chest, slightly smirking.

Akira raises her arms with Scarlie in her hands. "Flutter away, Scarlie!" She drops her arms and fires a wave of marbles, knocking out the remaining targets.

"And... Stop the timer!" Kamon shouts as he taps "stop" on the timer, on his phone. "Awesome, Akira! With the pace that you were going, you beat your own record!"

Kamon yells energetically as he approaches Akira and shows the stopped time on his phone's timer to her.

"Really?" Akira looks at the time and her eyes shot open in surprise. "Oh, my goodness, I did beat my own record!" She gasps.

Shiro, Misuru, and Ken approaches the two and looks at Kamon's phone with Akira's final counted time.

"Whoa...! That's amazing!" Shiro exclaims and gives her best friend a high-five. "You did it, Akira-chan! You beat your own time!" She cheers.

Akira chuckles while slightly scratching her cheek with her finger, "Thanks, Shiro-chan." She responds, "I've been trying my hardest to catch to you guys."

"Buzz-buzz-buzz! Don't hesitate to take it slow, Akira. Go at your own pace and you'll catch up with us, sooner or later." Misuru musters a big smile on his face.

Ken nods, "You might even have a chance to train with one or all of us, Akira. Better hope you're prepared for the kinds of training we'll be doing." He says as he raises a fist to his chest.

"I'll be ready for anything, Ken-san!" Akira exclaims, confidently. "Just wait and see, I'll be able to beat all of you --"

*pulse!*

"!!!" Akira grunts in shock and all of a sudden, the pain in her head starts rushing in. "Ah!" She suddenly lets go of her B-Daman and puts her hands to the sides of her head, hoping to ease the pain she's feeling in her head.

"Akira-chan?!" Shiro turns her silvernette best friend. She catches a glimpse of Scarlie dropping down, so she quickly catches the B-Daman while the boys tend to Akira.

"Akira, are you okay?" Kamon puts his hands on her shoulders while the other boys were tending to the situation.

Shiro looks down at Scarlie and asks, "What happened to Akira-chan, Scarlie?"

"I-I don't know! Aki-chan's have been experiencing these painful headaches and she doesn't why she's getting them!" The B-Daman hesitantly replies. "The headaches are always unexpected for her and for me, too!"