Chapter 41: The Lucky Charmstones

Melody: Hey, there Ranger Squad! Director Melody here! Chapter 41 is a continuation of the previous chapter, entitled "Life Between Old & New," so I hope you all enjoy it and Happy 2022, guys!

Melody: I can't make promises that new story projects are coming around, but stay tuned! Teasers and updates on projects and TNBS will be posted on Twitter, Instagram, and Discord. Keep up to date because I won't, but please do so!

Melody: I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a New Year! All right, time for Chapter 41! Cue the scene!

~~~~~~~~~~

~Location: East City, Main Island

"Flame Storm!" Ruby flies around and motions her hands to emit a fire stream at Naia, who immediately dodges the attack.

Quartz spun her staff and gathered all of the wind around her. "Howling Blast...!" She casts a blast of wind magic at the siren, to throw off her balance.

"Don't think so!" Naia shoots bullets at the wind magic and clenches her hand. The bullets explode into a cloud of dark magic, now flooding towards Quartz.

"Woah...!" The Angel Goddess evades the dark cloud. "Her dark energy is surprisingly powerful..." She mumbled.

"Breath of the Hurricane!" Quartz casts her spell and purifies the dark cloud into her wind magic. "But I'm capable of transforming the dark magic into my own..." She collects the magical energy into her staff.

~~~~~~~~~~

Seconds later, Surfing Sapphire comes up from the right and swings her sword, but Naia blocks her attack and pushes her away. Sapphire wasn't giving up and pushed herself towards the siren. The two glare at each other as one tries to overpower the other with their strength.

"I'd watch your back if I were you." Sapphire smirks, leaving Naia confused. She kicks away from Naia and shouts, "Cobalt Chains!"

She  transforms her sword into chains and quickly throws them at the Malevolent, wrapping around her shotgun. Sapphire pulls her towards her, but Naia stops her from getting pulled in as she pulls back. However, the Malevolent wasn't expecting what's behind her.

Jumping from behind, Faustina and Nyxie zipped to the sides with Faustina's crossbow in her hands.

"Ladybug Arrow!" She rapidly fires three magic arrows at the Malevolent and lands her hits on her.

Nyxie throws his fists to the sides, emitting his rock magic and activating his aura. "Time to crush it!" He puts his fists together and approaches Naia. Putting his hands on her shoulders, he flips over her head as Sapphire pulls her water chains away.

"Hyena Crusher!" He raises his fist and throws it at Naia.

Naia gasped, "Dark Spirit Defender!" She casts her shield down as Nyxie strikes his punch.

He bursts through the shield and Naia blocks it with her shotgun, but takes the hit and goes down.

Nyxie was in shock at what he did. He looked at his hand, feeling the adrenaline pumping. "That was... Me?" He asked himself.

"Way to go, Nyxie!" Faustina cheered, putting her hands on his shoulders. "But keep your eyes on the prize!" She pointed down at Naia, who wasn’t having it against her enemies.

"I've had enough of your little tactics..." Naia prepares her shotgun and fires two dark magic bullets at the Mystics.

Blazing Ruby noticed the dark bullets and turned to face Faustina and Nyxie. “Incandescent Barrier!” She raises her hand, emitting her elemental magic.