Chapter 22 Joycelyn

Happy Readings!

"What the hell are you doing?" Frost asks. Before he swerves the car to the left, he speeds up to avoid hitting the car on the right. "Get back in the back," Frost says, shifting gear. "Right! Right!" Jose shouts. Frost curses as he missed the turn.

"Leave the driving to me. You just do what you do best," I tell him, taking over the steering wheel. "Wh-," I stomped on the breaks. It's human nature to avoid car accidents. They will evade all oncoming cars as much as possible. It went without saying that the shooters did the same.

With a quick adjustment of the mirrors, I used them to swerve in and out of lanes. The cars of horns honking us for heading in the wrong direction. "Who the hell are these people!?" I asked while swerving from an oncoming truck. The three cars that were in front of us had turned around and are now shooting at us.

"Mommy!"Annika cries out. "They're members of the Lui family. A competitor for a big project for the next city over. One of which I have the upper hand in," Frost quickly explains as Jose and himself shoots at the cars. They're both great shots. Just as they got rid of the two cars, more appears—this time with bigger, heavy-duty trucks.

I turn the car around quickly, shifting gears and driving at full speed. "Jose, get in the back. Protect, Annika," Jose moves without hesitation and comforts Annika. Frost moves from under me into the passenger sheet. I quickly adjust my seat, fixed my mirrors, and drove like I stole this baby.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down, you're coming at-" Jose starts talking but stops and lets out a scream, along with Annika, when I took a sharp turn. The turn I made causes the car to drive on the side railings of the car. I manage to get them off the railings, and the car is now driving on two wheels. I use this to get through the line of traffic. When there was a clear path, I straightened the car, it swerved for a bit, but I got it under control.

I glance back to see where the trucks are. They were ramming through traffic to get to us. I look around the area. I'm not familiar with this part of the city. "Which way?" I asked Jose. "Left," I thought about it for a moment and decided to go right. "Wrong way!" I stepped on the gas, shifting gears. I drove straight into a hotel parking garage. I went up to the third floor, parked the car, and told them to get out.

We all hustled out of the car, and I jogged around looking for a decent car. I came across a Toyota Altezza. I smiled brightly at it. I did a quick scan of the dashboard to make there were no visible trackers on it. It took a while because the car was tinted, and I need to take my time not to fuck up. "We're taking this," I stated. Frost nodded his head and broke the glass with the back of his gun. After hotwiring the car. I calmly drove out of the parking garage. Just then, the trucks that were following us zoomed past us.

I followed Jose's directions as we head back to the mansion. We stopped at the front gate and got out of the car as Frost instructed one of the guards to get rid of the car we had stolen.

As soon as we were out of the car, Annika runs to me. I took her into my arms. She rested her head on my shoulder as her arms wrapped tightly around my neck. I rub her back in a comforting manner. Frost picks the both of us up as he starts to jog towards the house. Oh damn! The craziest thing happened. I blushed and felt something for Frost because it was sexy. Focus!

I needed to remind myself that we were just chased by some Lui family. Whoever they are. As we got inside, Frost puts us down so fast I had to run a few steps with him. as he headed into the living room.

"Where's Brandon?" He asks his brother, Emmanuel. Emmanuel shrugs his shoulders. "Upstairs playing game," I had to stretch my head. Did he not just say he didn't know? Or did I read that signal wrong? Frost held the bridge of his knows. "Where's Aera? If you say you don't know and you do. I will fuck you up," Frost warnings him.

Manuel gulps hard, tapping his chest. He puts the ice cream that he's eating down. "She went out with her mother. They should be back soon," "Get them back now! The Lui family made their move," He shouts as he headed upstairs. He quickly comes back down. "You. With me," He waits until I'm up the stairs and starts walking down a long hallway. We climb more stairs and walk down another hallway before we enter a big ass office.

"Sit," Frost commands. "What are we dogs?" I asked sarcastically. Frost huffs. "Please have a seat there," I nodded my head liking this command better. Annika had fallen asleep. Right as I sat down, a teenage-looking girl enters the room.

"Dad! What's going on!? Your men freaked mom out!" Upon seeing us, she raises an eyebrow. "Who are you?" She folds her hand in front of her—this little girl.

Let me know what you think by commenting and voting.