Chapter 8 Joycelyn

Annika sighs dramatically as she drops on the couch, sliding her body off of it. I went to tell her that we would order something when Frost beat me to it.

"Is your mom a good cook, or are you being nice?" He asks her. Annika jumps to her feet as she stomps over to him. Sometimes I wonder where she gets all this bold braveness from. Then I answered my own question remembering how I was when I was her age. I went to pull her back from him when Frost shoots me a death glare that made me stop in my tracks.

Excuse me for being an overprotective mother! Psh.

"I will have you know, Mr. Meany," Although I cannot see her face, I know she has an attitude on her face. "My mom is the bestest best cook ever," she says with a firm head nod.

"Oh, really? What hotdog and mac & cheese," He teases her, crouching to her level.

I took a seat on the couch, letting them go at it. While my common sense was saying run like hell, another part of me told me I was safe. It felt like that night all over again. A strange man, taking a risk on him and hoping he won't kill you after seeing what real pleasure felt like. Sex, for me, had never been the same. So I stopped and started masturbating.

Annika gasps, bringing me out of my thoughts. She places her hand on her hips, something she took from me.

"No way! She makes chicken spaghetti (chicken pasta), fish sticks, and veggie burgers! I only eat hotdog for breakfast," She tells him proudly, folding her hands, raising her head to him. "Sounds delicious," "You want to try some!" Annika shouts, jumping up and down.

He looks at me, and I suddenly found my feet very interesting. I need a pedicure."Maybe tomorrow. Your mommy is very tired and needs to get some rest," I know he is speaking directly to me, but I refuse to look up. "How about I cook for you instead,"

"Can you cook?" Annika asks him. My head snaps to her. It's the way she said it made me snapped my head in her direction. He smiles at her, and I stare at him. Dimples! This asshole has dimples! And he looks so fucking sexy. Like his hotness went through the roof. Ugh! Why? Why are you so fucking hot.

Ignoring his hotness, I remember we actually do need some essentials and clothes. Oi!

"Uhm.. we need toothbrushes and some clothes. I left Annika's clothes back at the motel," He nodded and stood to his full height. He tells Annika he'll be back before leaving. I breathed out in relief before dropping myself on the couch. "You're such a silly mommy," I pout at her, and she laughs. I get up going to the bedroom. We explore the penthouse before taking a shower and waiting in our robes for Frost to return. I put on the TV for Annika and laid on the couch as she sat on the floor.

The sound of laughter makes me stir. I look around to see that I'm in bed. I sit up with a groan, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. I don't even remember falling asleep. I see I'm still in my robe, and the comforter is on me. I must have fallen asleep. How did I get in bed?

I pushed the comforter off of me and followed the sound of laughter. The first thing I see is pancakes and eggs. Then I saw Annika and Frost standing next to each other as she taught him how to wipe the batter. She suddenly looks up and smiles that bright smile. "Mommy!" Frost helps her down, and she runs to me. I bend down, scooping her up in my arms.

"You're awake. Mr. Meany says you're tired and to let you sleep. Did I wake you?" She babbles fast. I laugh at her over adorableness. "No, baby, you didn't," she wiggles out of my arms and skips to Frost.

"We made breakfast!" She giggles and starts dancing. I feel eyes on me, and I look to Frost, whose looking at me with a neutral expression. "Oh gosh, mommy! I have to tell you about Mr. Meany's food!" Annika has her bright hazel eyes wide. The news she has is so interesting. Annika pulls me to the dining table and sits me down. For a little girl, she's strong.

"Baked chicken with bacon!" she shouts and sighs dramatically. "It was really good, mommy," I laugh at her excitement. Frost places a plate in front of Annika and then me. I look at his towering figure.

"Thank you," I give him a small smile. What the hell was that?

"We leave in an hour. Annika knows where the clothes that I bought are," He says before walking away. "Thank you, Mr. Meany!" Annika shouts. He looked back at her, gave her a wink, and closed the door softly.

"Mr. Meany is nice when he's not mean," Annika says, dancing in her chair. "His name is Frost, baby," She laughs. "No, it's not, silly mommy," I laugh with her. So they bonded while I was knocked out. "Okay, what's his name?" She smiles and shakes her head. I gasp loudly, placing a hand against my chest.

"You're not gonna tell me?" I ask her. "Nah-uh," I stutter as my mouth hangs open. "It's a secret," she beams and stuffs her mouth with pancakes.

I gasp again. "You can't keep secrets from me," She nods her head. "Yea-uh," I pout, and she covers her eyes, giggling. I pinch her cheek, and she laughs harder. We finish eating before bathing and getting dressed.

Guys, the year that we aren't going to talk about was a shit storm. The economy dipped in the red for a bit, the unemployment rate went up like hell. I don't want to jinx it, so let's say 2021 we watching you.