Chapter 36 Yukihira

Happy Readings!

NO ONE'S POV/THIRD PERSON POV

"Just make the damn tea and take her to her room when you're done," I told Jose and left. I heard Annika giggling adorably before she quickly started giving her demands to Jose, and I simply shook my head.

When I got to my room, Joycelyn was still soundly asleep. The small bedroom light was dimly light and bounced off her smooth skin, and it gave her a glow that stunned me. Women will never know the level of beauty they pose, and it's one of the most dangerous parts of them. With much restraint, I carried myself into the bathroom and took another shower.

Just as I was about to get into bed, my phone rang. I picked up and saw an unknown number calling me. I let it ring and put my phone on silent. The call ended only to start again. I raised an eyebrow at it. I picked up the phone only to hear Aera's frantic voice. "Dad! Dad! These guys won't leave mom and me alone! It is one of mom's old flings. She says she promises that she stopped messing with him. I believe her. Dad!" Just like that, my mood went down the drain. Knowing Aera, she would want to explain everything to me over the phone; thus, I cut her off.

"Send me your location," Once I got the address, I quickly got dressed before heading back out. It took me forty minutes to reach Mama's BBQ, and it's a nice grill joint with lots of Caribbean local food.

As I am nearing the area, I see Lorien standing in front of Aera. She's shouting at the top of her lungs. Her veins are showing, indicating how pissed of she is. I quickly parked the car and got out. However, no one has noticed me yet, as everyone is engrossed in the current disruption.

"I told you! I'm done! Leave me alone. I've paid my debt!" Lorien shouts. Lorien's ex-boyfriend laughs at her. "What you think I'll let you go because you're debt is clear. You're mines bitch! And that bitch daughter of yours is too! Now stop acting fucking stupid and get in the fucking car!" Lorien's ex steps forward.

"I wish you would lay a hand on her," I shouted. I put my hands in my pocket and strode over to them. The crowd parts as I am walking. "Who the fuck are you!?" Her ex asks me. I stare at him, stopping right in front of him. This ant has to look up at me. I see him gulp as I continue staring at him. Without warning, I grab him by the throat, squeezing it tightly as I lift him.

"I believe she paid her debt to you a while back. Yet here you are harassing my daughter and her mother. Topping it off, you called them out of their name," I slammed him on the ground hard. I picked him up by the throat again and slammed him into the ground one last time. Blood starts to ooze out of him. "Clearly, you are horrible at managing your books and how debt payments are supposed to be handled," I stomp on his chest. He began to shout for his men to help him. That's when I pulled my gun and pointed it at him.

I set off two warning shots near the ground where a few of his men were approaching me. They froze, and I stomped on their boss's chest a few more times. He spat out blood when I was done with him. I lowered himself to him, placing the gun in his mouth. "Now, I will ask you one question. The answer to my question better be satisfactory," I told him. Lorien's ex nods his head rapidly. His breathing is heavy, and it sounds a bit wheezy. No doubt I punctured a lung.

"Is she clear of your debt?" I asked him, staring intently at him. I remove the gun from his mouth, awaiting his answer. "Yes. All clear. I don't have any more business with her, "I smiled brightly. Just as I smiled, I dropped it immediately and shot him in the shoulder. "Let that be a warning. You come near her or my daughter again, and I promise you, you'll regret every second of it," I told him, my eyes darting back and forth in his.

I got up and dusted myself off before heading to the car. It was no surprise that Aera and her mother were in the car already.

Aera sat in the back with her mother, and they bought cuddled each other. Lorien kept apologizing to Aera. I breathed out, and I pinch the bridge of my nose.

"Are you really clean, Lorien?" I asked, trying to control my anger. "Yes! Why do you never believe me!?" She shouted back at me. "Because!" I slammed my hand down on the armrest and turned around to face her. "Every single fucking time, I give you the benefit of the doubt. You prove to me that I am ALWAYS wrong! How can I ever believe you!" I could feel my own eyes burning with rage.

She didn't say anything as she lowered her head. Her voice is soft and trembles as she says, "This time I'm telling the truth," Her headshot up, tears escaping her as her eyes tremble. "I'm clean," She grits out. "I have a job. I'm getting help, and I'm seeing one of those head doctors. I'm even going back to school. I'm clean Yukihira," I stare at her for a long time before I turn around and drive back home.

Let me know what you think by commenting and voting.