Chapter 51 Annika

Happy Readings!

After I gave Uncle Pretty Hair the assignment of protecting the grocery store (pantry), I asked mommy to go outside and play.

Uncle Baldie (Emmanuel), Brandon, and I went outside to play. I wanted to show them my rollerskates, car, and bicycles. My car is awesome because the doors open like wings.

Brandon and I started playing together after showing them all my cool stuff. I was the happiest sister in the whole world, right now.

Uncle Baldie (Emmanuel) lay on the lawn under the tree. While I road my bicycle, Brandon drove my car next to me, and he looked so cool.

When we got back home, I started crying because I was so happy to finally have someone to play with me in this stupid neighborhood.

"What's wrong?" Brandon asks and hops out of the car. Again he looked so cool. "It's nothing. I'm just happy. What else do you want to do?" I asked him, putting away my bicycle. Brandon and I put on our thinking caps until he snaps his finger. "Let's sell some lemonade. We can make money and buy whatever you like," I jumped for joy.

Brandon suggested we tackle uncle Baldie (Emmanuel) to wake him up. We did, and it was so funny. Uncle Baldie took us to the grocery store not too far from home. Uncle Baldie pushed the cart, I sat in it, and Brandon picked up all the things we needed.

It was a lot of stuff, and he even bought blenders, big jugs, tons of cups, loads of lemonade, and lots of fresh and frozen fruits. Then we went to Home Depot. Uncle Baldie had called them while we were in the grocery store, so it did not take long for us to get the stuff.

With everything we needed, we headed back home. Uncle Pretty Hair (Jose), Uncle Peter, and Uncle Baldie (Emmanuel) built the lemonade stand as Brandon, Aunt Rosette, Mommy, and I made the drinks. We had Mango and strawberry smoothies and lemonade, each in their own jug.

Everything was done. Brandon shooed everyone away as we stood outside my super fantastic stand. Brandon also gave Uncle Jose some tasks to complete.

As I watched my brother, I learned so much. Which made me even happier, and I wanted to cry again. Once I made a few lemonade drinks and sold them in mommy's company. But this was the first time I had something so super-duper-ruper awesome! I'M SO EXCITED!

It didn't take long for us to get customers. We sold the lemonade for fifty cents ($0.50) and the smoothies for five dollars ($5) and fruit popsicles for two dollars ($2), and frozen fruit smoothies for two dollars ($2).

Brandon said it took an hour for the fruit popsicles and frozen fruit smoothie to sell out. We made $240 from just those two items. I was happy that I am so good at maths.

As time went by and more customers can, I saw Lila, Mila, and Ella coming over to us. Grace is Mrs. Giller's daughter, and I don't like them.

Mrs. Giller always say mean things to mommy. Sometimes I don't really understand everything. But I know by the tone of her voice that she says mean things to my mommy.

Grace always tries to get me in trouble, but mommy always defends me. I don't have any friends in this neighborhood, and my friends at school live in a different neighborhood. So when every the three piggies come to make trouble with me, I'm all alone.

"Ugh. Here we go again," I say, shaking my head. "Huh?" Brandon looks at me, confused. So I tell him, "The one in the middle is Grace, the one with the pink shirt is Emma, and the one with the green shirt is Emilly. I call them the three piggies because they always try to pick fights with me,"

"Oh," Brandon says as he looks at them. Then he goes back to helping our last customer.

"Look, it's Curly Locks," Grace says, and Emma and Emilly laugh. "Did it take you all to come up with that Piggie," I tell her. Grace stomps her foot. "Aww, what's wrong, poop face?" I asked innocently.

"Give me some drinks for free," Grace ignore my insult to her dumb face. "If you wanted a free drink, you should have stayed home. You have a fridge at home, don't you?" I asked, then shooed her away with my head. Brandon laughs and gives me a thumbs up.

"Who is he? Your boyfriend?" Emma ask. "I'm not weird like you are with Emeril," I say. Emeril is Emma's big brother. Emma and Emeril are close, but not in the way I meant it.

I used to be jealous, but not anymore. I also have a fantastic super cool smart brother. Emeril and Brandon are the same age now that I mentioned his name. Whatever. My brother is much cooler and smarter.

I shrug my shoulders. "Don't say things like that, Annika," Emilly says. "Ugh! What do you three piggies want?" I say. "Why are you always calling us mean names. Can't we just be friends?" Emilly ask.

"Ha! Me, you, you, and you? Friends? I rather be friendless than be friends with you bullies. Now, shoo fly, go away," I say. Grace turns a little red. She takes up a cup and puts it under the lemonade jug. I get up and grab her hand.

I put out my hand, "$0.50," She pushed me away, and I took a deep breath. I grab her hand away and pull her away. "If you want some, it's $0.50, and don't push me again," I say. "Don't touch me, and I won't touch you," Grace pushes me hard. My back hits the lemonade stand.

It hurt so much that I want to cry. I do but quickly whip my tears. It's not the first time these meanies hurt me. I pushed Grace back. Grace throws the cup down and slaps me across the face.

"Grace!" Emilly shouts. Okay! That's it. I pour a cup of lemonade and pretend I would hand it over to Grace. When she reached out for it, I threw it in her face and slapped her. Emma was about to pull my hair like so always does.

But like a villain being beaten by a superhero. Emma is pulled back by the hair and tossed to the ground, a few feet away from us.

My eyes widen in amazement!

Let me know what you think by commenting and voting.