10 ° Outrageous Orange.

❝IT'S A SPECIAL MOMENT LOCKED IN TIME—FOR ME MYSELF AND I!❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

IT STARTED AT A VERY TENDER YOUNG AGE. Masaru had always dreamed of being like the superheroes he saw on television; he dreamed of men in red capes, the usual city filled with bad guys, and only one hero—or him and his team—to defeat them. While he knew that it was a bit silly, (since how would he even find a constant villain to consider a rival?) Masaru still wanted to be the Hero that saved people's lives.

And maybe, just maybe, if he did good deeds in his childhood—he'll grow closer to the superheroes he admired oh-so-much.

He'll bring justice to the world, one step at a time!

At least, that's what he tried to believe.

Every morning, he remembers waking up to the distinct scent of liquor. It was the type of alcohol his father always drank, though he knew he couldn't pronounce the name of it properly. All he knew was the shape of the bottle, the color of the contents, and that odor is always left. Empty bottles littered the house, making it a hassle to clean up whenever his dad passed out after drinking too much.

But, it didn't bother him at all. Even as the smell of alcohol suffocated him, even if he haphazardly coughed in the presence of smoke from cigarettes, he needed to endure this obstacle and grow stronger from it. If he didn't, then his dad would go away (just like his mother did.)

He cleaned litter on a daily; he tried saving cats in trees, even if that left him with scratches; he did as much as he could.

However, no matter what he did, his father never smiled. Was he unhappy with Masaru's demeanor? Then—maybe Masaru should smile more! The more he smiled, maybe the happier his dad would become. Every time his father started another one of his "teaching of manners"—he tried smiling as bright as he could. His smiles were infectious, at least, that's what people around the neighborhood said. So, if he continued to smile, then his dad wouldn't hate him!

He still remembered the first time his father sent him on an errand. He came back empty-handed the first time, with the person at the cash register saying he needed an ID to purchase alcohol.

His dad didn't like that.

So, the next time he got sent on an errand, he made sure to get the alcohol, no matter what obstacles stood in his way!

But his dad didn't like that either.

So what could he do in the end? It was all his fault; he couldn't do things properly as his father wanted. He painted his father out to be the "bad guy" in the eyes of so many people...

Would his father abandon him?

(I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It's all my fault... It's my fault I don't know how to buy alcohol properly. It's my fault that I cough when you smoke. It's my fault, and that's why Dad gets mad at me.)