15 ° Sepia.

❝(WOW WOW WOW) SO HERE INSIDE I'LL STAY, BLOOM A BIT INSANE!❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"ALRIGHT, HERE WE GO..." Toko murmured, watching as the connection began to load. Komaru held her hands to her chest, taking in a deep breath, hands clammy. Closing her eyes, she then opened them, looking at the screen.

"Hello?" She said, voice orotund. "Can you hear me? Someone... Please respond! C—Can you hear me?!"

The loading circle only continued to swirl. Komaru's eyebrows furrowed, slamming her palms against the table's desk. "Gh—! Hey, answer me! Can anyone hear me?! I beg you—Please... answer me!"

Toko hesitantly walked up to Komaru, avoiding eye contact. "Looks like it didn't work. Well, that's just too bad—! We should, uh, probably give up now—"

"ʰ⁻⁻ʰᵉLLₒ?" A static-filled voice came from the device, making both girls yelp. "Hᵉˡˡᵒ! Th—Thᵢₛ... foundation... This is Fᵘᵗᵘʳᵉ Fₒᵤₙdatᶦᵒn—!"

"H—Hello?!" Komaru snapped out of her stupor, looking at the screen. "Can you hear me?!"

"We c—ᶜᵃⁿ hear you! Lₒᵤd and clear! This is Fᵘᵗᵘʳᵉ Foundation... ᵇʳᵃⁿᶜʰ number... Branch number fourteen!"

Slowly, the static on the screen began to clear.

Her eyes widened.

"...Maₖₒₜₒ... Naegi."

"Makoto—?!"

The man on the screen seemed dumbfounded as well, leaning closer to the screen in shock. "ᴷᴼ—Komaru?! Is... is that really you?"

"I knew it, you're— You're Makoto, right? Mister Makoto Naegi, right?!"

"...Mister?" Makoto stifled his laughter, "You're safe. I'm so relieved... I was worried the whole time."

"Same here," Komaru went silent for a moment, blinking away her tears. "...I wish I knew you were alright. I thought you... you already..." She shook her head, frantically rubbing her eyes. "M—Makoto! I'm s—so glad you're alive!"

He gave her a terse nod. "I'm relieved too, Komaru. I thought I'd never see you again."

"Y—Yeah... What about Mom and Dad?" Komaru asked, letting her arms drop to the side. "Are they with you?"

"...Huh?" He blinked, staring at her in surprise. "I— I was hoping that you would know where they are."

Her face went pallid. "Th—Then you don't know either?! But—"

"I—It's going to be alright!" He interjected, attempting to reassure her. "Don't worry! I'm sure they're just fine, wherever they are."