- LI'L SCIENCE.

❝I'LL FINALLY BLOOM A BIT INSANE!❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

A BOY COULD BE SEEN CROSSING OCTOBER 23RD OFF OF HIS CALENDAR. He let out a soft sigh, sitting at the desk of this hotel room. He didn't have much else to do, really—there was no point in wandering the abandoned halls of this place for the umpteenth time. The reason he and the others were still here was for one reason, and one reason alone.

Komaru Naegi.

The girl who once bawled her eyes out at the sight of something intimidating, now brave enough to withstand that trepidation and overcome it, willing to stay in Towa City for their sake. Even though she was still scared, she faced danger head-on, deciding for herself what she would do. In a sense, Nagisa truly admired her. She wouldn't give up until she "protected both the adults and children," as she would say.

Sometimes, he wondered what life would be like if she wasn't a Captive. If she had not interfered with any of their plans—would paradise be real? No, no, of course, it wouldn't. That was just wishful thinking on his part. Maybe they would still be in Towa Hills, though, spending their life hedonistically with an almost luxurious way of living.

Their life now paled in comparison. They've been receiving cheap packaged meals from conbinis (which [Name] did not complain about at all) from Komaru, alongside the occasional canned good and snacks. They no longer had the resources to get ingredients, considering that what they did get was either stolen or bought by Monaca.

It wasn't as if this was a bad thing. It was better than what some of them received prior to the Tragedy, after all.

It was strange to think about it. She continued to interact with these kids that brought her so much pain, helping them out when she truly should shun them away. She was too nice, even if she denied that fact.

Toko Fukawa would then reply with something along the lines of "awfully optimistic," however the girl decided to stay with Komaru anyway.

Komaru would be waiting for the day her brother and Future Foundation defeat the final Remnants of Despair, coming home safely.

Taking in a deep breath, he directed his vision toward the notebook he kept with him, even now. But, it was more so a pain notebook with the amount of negativity that was in it.

Weakly, he picked up the notebook, gripping it in his hand.

It's come to this again, hasn't it?

Another year is going to pass. Another year closer to his inevitable death. He was going to be a year older now, but an event he seldom celebrated—because, in the end, it didn't matter. He was going to experience this event year after year, the specialty losing its meaning over time. What's so happy about celebrating this? What joy does it bring to someone, if it doesn't bring joy to himself?