25 ° White.

❝SO DON'T YOU EVER SUCCUMB!❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE SOUND OF A WINDOW SHATTERING FILLED HER EARS. Mage Robot Black Suspirian—the robot owned by Monaca—collapsed before her eyes. Even through the pounding of her heart, she could hear the shouts of Kurokuma falling from the Excaliber ring in her ears.

"Huh? You're kidding me..." Monaca rested on her knees, eyes widened in shock. "Monaca... lost?"

Toko crossed her arms, a stern tone to her voice. "That's right. Now be a good little girl and give up."

Tears welled up in Monaca's eyes, small sniffles coming from her throat.

Komaru almost pitied the girl.

"Is Monaca gonna be killed? I don't wanna die..."

Immediately, Komaru shook her head, almost flabbergasted by the question. "No! Of course not— I'm not going to kill you!"

Toko, on the other hand, shot the girl a glare. "But, if you don't hand over that controller, it will not be pleasant."

"N—No!" Monaca shook her head, hugging the controller to her chest. "If this controller is destroyed, Monaca's plans will fail... And if that happens, The Successor will not come into fruition."

"That's enough. Just hurry up and hand it over, or I swear I will—"

"U—Ugh... fine."

Monaca hesitantly held up the controller, to which Komaru took it in her hands. She gulped, staring down at it.

(The Successor, The Successor, The Successor...)

(Just why did that not sound right?)

"If I break this, the Monokumas stop... And the brainwashing helmets will deactivate, right? This uprising will be over—but, that was... kinda easy. Is it really okay?"

"Hmph! Ramen broth and climaxes should always be light. Or, would you prefer an ending that has us getting beaten up and thrown from one despair to another?" Toko huffed, turning away. "You're just like your brother."

"I don't want that!! But..."

"Well, you're forgetting the real happy ending comes after we rescue Master! Let's end this."

As she looked down at the controller again, she could feel the world contorting around her. A pit grew at the bottom of her stomach, churning and coiling into an uncomfortable knot. Was it truly alright to break this? Something was concerning her, and these doubts that she promised she would leave behind... It didn't feel right this time.

"Sorry, something is just concerning me."

"...Concerning you?"

"...Concerning you?" Monaca parroted, a smile growing on her face. "Concerning or disconcerting? Could it be that you want to be Monaca's ally at the last minute? So you're hesi—"