21 ° Antique Brass.

❝(LU LU LU) —HONESTLY BLURRY...❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"...YOU REALLY DON'T FEEL ANYTHING SEEING THIS?" Komaru asked, shivers running down her spine upon seeing the mountain of corpses—but even more frightened, looking at Nagisa's indifferent expression.

"These people are Demons," he put it plainly, "our enemies."

"That's not what she asked," Toko rolled her eyes, not wanting to trigger her hemophobia and looking away from the said mountain of bodies.

"You said it before, right? It's because you're... afraid of adults?"

Nagisa only nodded at her question. "If adults didn't exist, we could live peacefully. That's what I believe."

"But— But why are you so afraid of adults?" She furrowed her eyebrows, lips pressed into a firm line. "It... Doesn't make sense."

"You already know that we were students of the Hope's Peak Elementary program, right?" He rose an eyebrow, "We were in the class of "troublemakers"—though, that makes it sound as though we were the cause of the trouble. Yet, our troubles were created by adults; our family. They say kids can't pick their parents."

He raised his hand slightly, "Perhaps we were the unluckiest ones of all. My parents were, without exaggeration, the worst. Like Demons."

His hand then balled into a fist, shaking at the memory.

"...My parents raised me like they were leveling me up in some game."

Komaru's heart dropped, eyes widening.

"They didn't treat me like a person. They probably forgot I was their child. From morning to night—study, study, study. When I got sleepy, analeptics. Even if I faint, "HP" is fully restored with a hand I.V. in my arm, three to four days straight. If I showed resistance? There would always be "items" to neuter my spirit. By doing so, I steadily racked up "EXP", and leveled up to their expectations."

Nagisa scoffed, rolling his eyes. He looked away from the girls, putting his hand down. "My father was a teacher at our school, a researcher of children's talent. He used his own son for his research—wanting to see what the growth curve would be like if he pushed a child to the breaking point."

He simply shook his head.

"Isn't that funny? I was the subject of such an amusing experiment. It's a miracle I didn't die from an overdose or even the stress I endured. All the drugs they injected in me... For certain, it's altered my body in a way I can't recover."

Komaru could only weakly murmur to herself, her heart sinking to her stomach at the thought. "It's not funny at all... That's horrid."

"To each their own, I suppose. But even with all that, I was still better off than the others—Masaru has bruises all over his body because of his father; Jataro wears a mask on his face because of what his mother has said to him; [Name] is deathly afraid of anything related to cooking or fire; Kotoko has a breakdown just hearing the word gentle; and, you saw Monaca's legs, right? That..."