Ch.1 Xx Disturbing The Peace xX

Xxx-Chapter One Disturbing the Peace-xxX

"Come on Leila. Lexington hold your sister's hand baby." I told Lexy as I shuffled through the back doors of the restaurant. I was already 20 minutes late and I knew Macie wouldn't think twice on taking that out of my paycheck. She was the devil's sister.

I shuffled inside, into the kitchen where I knew Donna was. "Oh Thank God you're here already." I said, smiling at her.

She scowled at me. "It's already 7:22pm Kharter. Where the hell were you?" She said as she discontinued her nail tapping.

"I know. My babysitter, I couldn't pay her this month's amount and she said she couldn't keep the girls anymore until, I could pay." I said slightly embarrassed.

"Damn Kharter. You working two jobs and can't afford to pay a babysitter? What the hell are you doing with all that money?" She said folding her arms.

"Leila had an ear infection I had to take her to the hospital. I had to pay for medicine; I used some of my rent money."

She looked at me with eyes of sympathy before she looked down at Leila. "You feeling better now baby?" She cupped her chin.

Leila nodded, swinging her ponytails.

"So where are you going to keep them? They're only 4 year olds Kharter, they attention span weak." She rolled her eyes.

"Look, You're the receptionist, I've done a lot of favours for you. Just please help me. I'll work a double."

"You know I'm gonna help you but what 'bout when miserable Macie decides to show up?" She popped her gum. "You know she stay talking 'bout this is a place of fine dining and business, when she know damn well, nobody but hoodrats eat in here. Shit."

I chuckled. "You're so stupid."

She smiled. "One time only Kharter. "

"Thank you. So much."

"You have some tables out there. Might want to get those." I sighed, before I handed her Leila's backpack.

"Come on babies. Let's go." She took their hands. " Y'all like coloring books?"

As they vanished off into the kitchen, I walked around looking at who all had came into Macie's Diner Tonight. I was so tired from work, I just kept yawning and yawing. I ran into the bathroom changing into my uniform before I slipped on my apron.

Tonight was bound to be busy, Just like any other day on this side, all people did on this side of the south was drink, eat and party. Sometimes they just want somewhere to go, and they always end up coming through here and giving me hell. All the bastards and street pharmacists.