Ch.8Xx The Wrong Thing To Do xX

Chapter .8Xx The Wrong Thing To Do xX

"So have you found anything? You're supposed to be looking around, you know how evil you're Landlord is. He won't give extensions." Donna said as we cleared the tables for the night. Nobody was really in here tonight mostly because of the shooting that happened about a week ago . Macie had already gotten the windows fixed and she was stricter now.

I couldn't keep the girls around here anymore , I didn't have anywhere to put them. I had no family, beside Donna my friend and she worked the same shifts as I did. I had no choice but to leave them with Donna boyfriend Hakeem. I didn't want to but where they lived was a little further out of the hood and Hakeem was a good hard-working guy.

He loved kids and Donna always said that he wasn't the pervertish type so I trusted him with them for a few hours. He even said that I wouldn't have to pay him.

"Yes, I have. But nothing in my price range."

"Well you only have two weeks left, where is it located?"

"It's close to where you guys live. In a nice apartment building. It's not spray painted on or ru down or none of that shit."

She smiled . "Well look into it."

"I can't Donna if I do I'll have to take Lexy and Leila out of the private schooling and I'd have to get a third job."

"Oh damn. How much is it?"

"$940.00 a month. I'd have to give a deposit and I don't have that kind of money right now, imagine me trying to maintain that rent every month. I make $1020.00 at the stupid insurance place. And barely $250 here with tips. How am I going to afford that? That's my entire pay check."

"You have to find a way Kharter. It's for you and your daughters. What about your schooling, going away to become a whatever it is you call it. Maybe you have to make some cuts."

"Cuts on what?"

"That private preschool, you have the twins going to. They can go to a regular school down here."

I stilled , setting down the trays looking at her. "No.No. No. I want them in that school. I need them in that school. They're not going to be like me."

"Why not you're sweet. And you're not a failure. Why is that so important to you, their 5."

"It's important to me because I want something better for them. And I am a failure , I work here."

"Atleast you have a job Kharter. You should be content."

I frowned. "I will never be content Donna! I hate it here. I hate my life, I hate everything that happened to me . You think I wanted to be burdened with two babies. I'm still a baby."