Ch.3Xx Witnessing The Red-Handed xX

XxChapter Three-Witnessing The Red-HandedxX 

"Mommy, swings!"Leila insisted.

 As we were passing the park. I really couldn't stop right now; I had to get to the ATM before it got dark. That was a sure sign you'd be robbed on this street. I didn't have much money on it, but I needed all I could have before I got paid on Monday, and today was Saturday.

I had to work tonight, and I still didn't know what I was going to do with them. Where I was going to take them.

"Leila we can't go on those swings right now."

She started to fuss as I tugged both her and Lexy's arm down the sidewalk next to the fence. "Mommy." She whined, rubbing her eyes as she started to cry.

I sighed, stopping seeing Lexy didn't say anything, she was too busy looking at the little stray children playing. I despised bringing them around those kinds of ghetto children. Nothing good comes out of these gutters.

"Okay. One second okay. Then we have to go." I stooped down eyeing her insuring she understood.

They nodded and I quickly walked around to the opening of the park, dragging them to the two open swings. "Okay here we go." I lifted Lexy up into one and then lifted Leila into the other.

"Push Mommy!" Lexy kicked her feet.

I smiled. "Okay." I got behind them trying to keep up with pushing them both. They giggled, seeing me struggle.

"That's funny?" I asked chuckling. "Y'all can swing on y'all own for a while. Mommy needs a break." I said standing to the side. It was going to get dark soon and I was now regretting stopping because now to get them off was going to be a major problem.

This play ground park area was always a place where the gang bangers would hang out, not forgetting the prostitutes. About 2 weeks ago, somebody got gunned down right around the corner, it just worries me. That at any moment I could go, and then there wouldn't be anybody to take care of Leila and Lexy.

"Excuse me  Miss." I quickly turned around seeing a guy standing there with his son.  "Darren wanna use the swings, so how long y'all been here?"

How very polite of him I thought, these niggas round here ain't got no manners. "They just got on. Darren can wait 2 minutes." I said firmly. Although I really had to get out of here, I wanted my daughters to know that in this hood you can't let people push you around, that you had to sometimes stand up for yourself.

He looked at me from head to toe, before he sucked his teeth and said. "Aight."  Holding his son's jacket. He looked young. Younger than me, here I am calling the boy his son, not knowing if he was.

I started to see all the children and teenage boys and girls in the park scatter and I didn't understand what they were running from.  I looked around and that's when I saw a car pull up and a bunch of guys hop out.

"Oh shit. Come on Girls." I said trying to get them out of the swings but they were walking so quickly heading directly towards us. Well that was what I thought until a familiar guy from the restaurant said. "Aye yooo. They go that fool , that owe Ray." They started running towards the same young boy who was waiting to take Darren on the swings.

"Come on Lexy." I said holding her and  Leila on my hip.

I began heading for the gate and I heard a loud thud, that caused me jump a little dropping my bag onto the ground.

I turned around and saw that they were beating him up and kicking him in his stomach while the little boy just stood there and watched. I wanted to do something but I had to think about my girls first.  I stooped down allowing the girls to stand up while I tried to put the items that fell out of my purse back inside.

"Aye chill out, don't beat him up too bad. Pops ain't want him dad he just want his money." I recognized that disgusting voice and it was the same guy from the diner the other night. I knew he was a drug dealer.

"You got the money?" He leaned over him patting his face.

"Nah man I ain't got it. I finna have it by Tuesday."

He laughed. "Tuesday is real far from Saturday. What y'all think? Think this busta lying to me? I look stupid to y'all?" He looked around asking his crew.

I scooped the rest things into my purse not wanting to see what they would do to him, as I picked Leila and Lexy back up, trying to head out of the gate.

He was talking so loud it was hard not to listen. "Man y'all check his pockets , and I should kill his ass. Lil' bitch better have that money by Tuesday, and you gonna bring that shit in with interest. Got it?"

"Please, don't kill me, my little brother here man."  The boy said sounding choked.

"We ain't finna do shit to you, stop acting like a bitch. Get up!" He said kicking him in his side and I cringed, hearing his boots hit the boy's stomach.

"Take care of this nigga." He said before he started walking away, and I looked at him, not expecting that he would look up and see me and we just stared at each other for a little while before I shook my head, holding on to the girls tightly while I ran down the side walk.

"Aye!" Oh shit. He started calling out to me. Maybe he thought I was going to snitch or rat or something but I just wanted to get the hell out of there and to the ATM.

"C'mere!"He said loudly and I picked up my pace walking faster, but he wouldn't budge or get off my tail. What did I get myself into?

VOTE AND COMMENT! ps, for this story i don't really want to have a cast, but I did post a random cast photo  in the first chapter, helping you imagine. Go back and look at it.