Chapter 3

In case y'all are wondering— that is what Beelzebubbi looks like. You can find the full animation on YouTube— the video is titled "Catsing Call"

You woke up feeling like shit. Had you stayed up to late? Was it something you ate? You didn't know.

Nevertheless, you got ready for the day and put on some black overall shorts with a heart pocket, you had a burnt orange t shirt to match, as well as a pair of fishnet gloves and knee high socks. You also had a black beanie in which had holes in it to fit your horns. Your shoes were black with orange pumpkins on them, and you smelled like warm cinnamon and apples.

You looked pale in the mirror, so you made sure to sneak out as well as you could so that no one could try to prevent you from completing your job. You were going to go into the market and sell all of the assorted rose bouquets before the harvest festival, and no one was gonna stop you.

When Striker woke up and he went to check in your room to see if you were there. Your room door creaked open as Beelzebubbi stared up at the male demon, his yellow eyes staring into Striker's.

He walked away, but not before cursing at the cat "Damn creepy cat—" he said before storming off. Beelzebubbi just looked confused.

He went downstairs to see breakfast was ready but you weren't there.

"Oh Striker, I'm surprised that you're not with y/n." Lin said as she ate her breakfast.

"Do y'all know where she might be?" He asked, trying to decide if he should stay here and enjoy breakfast or go find you.

Sallie Mae cut in "I seen her high tailin' it into town. She was a bit slow but I'd blame the wheelbarrow." She added.

"Don't worry Striker, y/n is a hard worker! She's probably sold half the roses by now." Joe suggested enthusiastically. Striker felt uneasy, but he decided to push down these feelings. He needed to worry about himself.

In town, you were running around selling the bouquets like hot cakes (though it felt like you were dying the whole time). You dabbed away your sweat with your beanie and sat down for a bit to help your headache. You just wanted to close your eyes so bad but this was hell, and you'd get robbed with a quickness.

"I hate it here..." you murmured, body aching. You decided to keep selling your flowers, and by the end of the day you were so sick you could barely pick your head up off the stand. It wasn't until you heard someone calling your name did you shift.

You opened your eyes to see Striker with a worried look on his face. You smiled at him "Hey Striker..." you croaked. He winced at the sound of your voice.

He held the side of your face, making you look at him. Your black hair stuck to your forehead and hairline, you had eyebags, and you groaned as you squinted your eyes to adjust to the light. You were burning up, he was surprised demons could get this hot.

"You think you can walk?" He asked, you groaned a bit more and shook your head no. He cursed before moving to the other side of the booth. You only had a few roses left to sell, so he quickly pushed them to the side and put you in the wheelbarrow.

He wanted to run back but he knew it would have been an uncomfortable ride for you, so he settled for a light jog.

By the time he got home, the family was asleep and he decided to just leave the flowers and wheelbarrow outside by the barn.

He picked you up bridal style, you held your head close to his heart, you unconsciously playing with the buttons on his jacket. He could tell you had a tendency to fiddle with things.