Chapter 10

Just a quick a/n, if you ever get bored of the story because it doesn't have enough chapters or whatever, just know that I always have two or three chapters written ahead so that I don't have to hurry up and write something and miss my upload schedule (which is Sunday and Wednesday occasionally)

Welp, that's all for now :) enjoy this next chapter!

You woke up on a couch, still in your red dress. You could feel tight gauze wrapped over your side, head, and arm.

You looked around, checking to see where you were. Within two seconds you knew where it was. Your parents house.

It was a taxidermists dream, every little thing that could be taxidermied was taxidermied.

The lamp was a hellish duck, the doorknobs were resin and had bugs in them, and the coasters were made from animal hooves.

You heard some steps coming towards you, and your eyes would have went wide with surprise if it weren't for one of them being covered in gauze. Your dad really over did it this time.

"Mornin' Little Lady..." he greeted, sitting down besides you.

"I couldn't get a lick of sleep here, all the dead animals staring kept me up all night." He muttered to himself, before looking at your face that was covered in small purple tinted marks. You were hurt, badly.

You looked away, still laying down only bringing your knees closer and turning onto the side that didn't have a slice in it.

"Y/n, I..." he breathed a few times, trying to come up with words to say to you.

You were hoping he would say sorry. He had a lot of pride and admitting he was wrong would have meant a lot to you.

"I didn't mean what I had said earlier, I know you heard it." He finished, looking to the fireplace that burned low.

"Is that all ya had ta say?" You asked hesitantly, your voice was dry as you hadn't drank anything.

"My reactions were completely wrong and I, I don't know. I just don't want you to hold anything against me..." he mumbled the last bit softly, but you pretended like you didn't hear it.

"I feel tha same way, I don't know why but it just kind of stung to hear that. I'm trying ta be a better person but I keep ruinin' things fa myself." You concluded, having to stop and clear your throat a few times. He handed you a glass of water which you took.

"So, how do I look?" You said smiling at him to lighten the mood. He pulled a soft smile, before handing you your phone. You opened up your camera and looked at your face.

"Ugh I look HIT." You said, trying to lift up your eye gauze. He grabbed your hand in a similar fashion to when you grabbed his hand to prevent the Polaroid from being overexposed.

"You don't want to get an infection, and plus the stitches may have increased the swelling. When your dad changes the gauze you can look." He added, letting you go.

"So, that was Julius. Huh?" He asked almost rhetorically.

"Yeah..." you said, shifting your gaze to the ground uncomfortably.

"Well, ya finally killed him. It's confirmed now, you really are strong. And what about your sister?" He asked, which made you wince at memory.

"Julius, he...he killed her." You explained, just as your mother came into the room. You both jumped back in shock as she just giggled at you two.

"Look at ya'll, all jumpy and stuff. Now, who did Julius kill?" She asked , setting down a tray of oatmeal and sitting down in front of you two.