Chapter 8

"Heeyyyy," you greeted, sitting next to Striker who had this "Don't talk to me bitch" look.

"Wassup with you..." you continued affectionately, grabbing ahold of his hand, he quickly snatched his hand away in retaliation.

"Oh come on Striker! It wasn't that bad..." you said exasperatingly.

"You didn't say nothing bout there being a part where I would be on stage..." he growled out.

"Yeah 'cause if I told you than you wouldn't have come, duh?!" you responded, annoyed by his shitty attitude.

"Type of bullshit excuse is that?" He uncrossed his arm, his loud voice drawing the attention of others around you. You were glad your family wasn't there.

"Shhh, there are people around!" You said raising a finger to signal him to watch his volume.

"Y/n..." he warned, letting out a low rattle.

"Ugh, I dunno..." you shrugged, feeling bad about the whole situation.

"You're fuckin' unbearable...no wonder why your husband left..." he mumbled the last part to himself. You still heard him though.

Your voice was stuck in your throat, you heard worse from greater demons, but that still stung for some reason. You were choked up terribly, trying to find a witty comeback, but you decided to just get up and walk away.

You sat next to the other contestants, looking to your phone and seeing a text from your mom.

"Hey, your father and I left for a bit. See ya before the final ceremony! ;)" it read. Great, even your parents left you.

"First up is Lil Jamie!" You heard on a microphone. Shit, when did they start this round?

You tried to listen to the little girl, but your thoughts were completely consumed with what Striker had said. You felt that you weren't unbearable, everyone in your life said they loved you, but...

"Who's to say they aren't lying?"

"You had some young parents y/n, they were never really there for you..."

"Were you ever truly loved by them? They must have felt slowed down by you..."

"Veronica was your sister, but she never really liked you. She'd always push you away. Like the annoying little sister you are..."

"Julius said he loved you, and look where that got you..."

"Striker, a stranger said you were unbearable. Imagine how everyone else feels?"

"Here you go trying to make friends, and here you go fucking it all up. What can you do right?"

"You were criticizing Lillique, meanwhile all you're good for is a good lay. Just a pump and dump, huh?"

"You're like a chewed up piece of gum..."

"All you've done is give your all and that's gotten you nowhere."

You considered all of these thoughts and ideas, and as much as you wanted to deny it you couldn't help but feel useless.

"Next up is Y/n!" He said, gesturing for you to come up the stairs. You swallowed hard, what do you say? You were too busy having an existential crisis to come up with a speech.

You stumbled to the podium, your confidence faltering. You took a few deep breaths, looking towards your parents who gave you a thumbs up, and Striker who looked like he didn't even care, you sighed and began.