Chapter 14

Hey I broke my computer so imma start writing on my phone since god hates me 💀

Also thanks for staying so long :)) you guys are great, I may do a meet the author thing but probably towards the end of the book. And don't feel bad about voting or commenting on chapters. The notifications don't bother me, I enjoy reading your comments! They're always funny. (Also it lets me know if you like the fanfiction :)))

Alright I've said enough— NEXT CHAPTER (also expect a very VERY late Halloween special).

"MILLLLIIEEE!!" You screamed as you spotted her outside her apartment waiting on you.

"Y/N! It's been forever, I'm so glad you came to help us!" She responded back with her sweet southern accent.

"When ya dad asked me ta' come help I couldn't say no! You're like a family ta' me." You said with a lopsided smile, since family hasn't always been the greatest thing in your life.

"Awww, don't get all mushy on me y/n. You've always been family ta us too, now come on! Moxxie's waiting upstairs for us." She said gleefully, pulling your hand as you hopped on the elevator up to her apartment.

As you arrived on the floor with a quick "ding" that sounded like a bit of a scream, you both walked to her apartment. She went to open the door you both heard some crashing noises which ended in a loud thud coming from the door.

Just then, the door opened and there was Moxxie standing dazed and confused, along with what looked like all the clothes in hell framing the background.

"Mox! Are you okay?" She said, holding her husband by the face and examining him. You felt the tiniest hint of jealousy pang and dissipate into your heart. You had never said it out loud, but you desperately wanted what they had.

"Yeah, it appears that the closure on the suitcase is a bit spring loaded." He stretching out the term "a bit".

"Ya' look tired Moxxie, how 'bout Mills and I pack up and you just rest a bit?" You suggested, which he seemed to agree with as he yawned and shook his head yes.

Millie walked him to their bedroom before she came out shaking her head.

"I'm so glad that Blitzo decided to invite us to this event. Moxxie and I needed a break." She said smiling at you and gesturing you to come over to wear the suitcase was.

"Did ya' say Blitzo?" You asked, picking up clothes to fold. That named seemed super familiar...

"Yeah! That's my boss, we do freelance assassin work." She said, folding clothes as well.

"Do you know em?" She suggested, wiggling her eyebrow.

You scoffed, she knew you were a hopeless romantic, so she would always make suggestive jokes about you and boys since the day she met you.

"I knew someone named Blitzo in tha circus. He had his quirks but he wasn't a bad dude." You continued on, getting lost in the repetitive process of putting clothes in the suitcases.

"Yep! That sounds like him, he did say he was in the circus in the greed ring..." she trailed off, causing you to hum in acknowledgement before having your mind drift off to one person.

Striker.

You hated to say it but you already missed him. The way he smiled down at you with his gold tooth glinting in the sun, his smart mouth that always bantered back and forth with you, the way he felt hot to the touch when you got the rare chance to touch or hold him.

As you thought about Striker, you heard someone calling your name.

"Y/n? Y/n? Are you listening to me?" Millie asked, poking your arm to try and get you to respond and awake from your deep thoughts.

"Yeah I umm... I'm here." You managed to say, closing the suitcase and folding some of the clothes that Millie chose to leave at the house.

"What's going on in that head of yours?" She asked, smiling sweetly and jumping up to sit on the table and look down at you.

"Well, there's this guy back at ya' parents farm, he's a farm hand. I met em' when he got hired and well, since then we've been seein' eachother everyday. I think I may possibly have a crush on em', but I jus' don't know. I want to let em' in but love is so hard for me, you know that..." you trailed off, looking down at the floor and thinking about your shitty past relationships.

"I get it y/n, it's hard to trust again once you've been wronged so many times over. But not every guy is like him, you should give him a chance if you really like him. Who knows! It may work out." She said happily, to which you smiled at.

"Yeah, I think it will work well..." you blushed lightly, thinking about how you felt about him.

"Awww!! Look at your face! I bet he's a real nice guy, lemme see a picture of em!" She smiled, hopping down the table and jumping next to you.

"A picture?" You thought to yourself before walking over to your purse and searching through it for your wallet, it should be there...

You found it! The Polaroid of you two...

"Here, this is all I have. He isn't a big "picture" guy..." you explained, showing her the picture of your arm around him with your cute smile showing, and his usual slightly upturned stoic face.

"Y'all look adorable, I could definitely see you two together..." She said staring deeply at the photo and examining it, before staring even more at it.

"Y/n, don't you know him? I swear his face seems familiar." She stared at the photo, you thought about it. Striker DID seem familiar, but you couldn't put your finger on it. Not yet anyways.

"Yeah but I figured I would know where he was from by now. Maybe I just passed by em' before a couple times? I'm not even sure if it's significant." You said offhandedly.

"Well, anyways, let's finish cleaning up. We can talk about that stuff later..." she shrugged, giving you the picture back. You looked at it for a second before putting it back in your wallet and in your purse.

You decided, you would give Striker a try.

Meanwhile, with Striker.

He was shirtless, in sweatpants, and covered in soap sudds and scratch marks.

From whom you may ask? Well...

"BEELZEBUBBI GET IN THE DAMN TUB!!" He yelled as the cat clawed and meowed, trying to get away from the water.

Sallie May and her younger brother quickly ran in with a huge bucket of water, quickly throwing it at the cat to get the dirt off. They miscalculated however, getting Striker completely drenched in the process.

They both stared at the now soaked demon as his short hair stuck to his forehead lightly.

He was fuming to say the least. The siblings quickly looked between each other and Striker and ran off in different directions, Beelzebubbi hopping out the tub and shaking (which covered Striker in more water). The cat meowed and ran away after the siblings. This left Striker to clean up all the water on the floor as well as clean up the scratches on his arms. He sighed at the mess

"...I don't get paid enough for this." He thought aloud, thinking about the pay Lin and Joe give him as well as the pay he is going to receive from Stella when he kills Stolas. None of that was worth dealing with trying to give your stupid cat a bath.

He looked down to his cowboy hat which was on the floor, and saw the Polaroid picture you took peaking out from behind the band that laid above the brim.

He missed you so much already.