Chapter 2: A Long Expected Party.

Sansa didn't take a smoke. But could see Bilbo and Gandalf blowing Smoke Rings. Or at least Gandalf was able to turn his smoke into a ship and it sailed right through the smoke rings. Which earned a smile from Gandalf and Bilbo. 

"Gandalf my old friend. This will be a night to remember." Bilbo declared.

And at nightfall the celebrations for Bilbo's party were going in full swing. The Hobbits were good with all their dancing and music and celebration fiascos. As well as the Fireworks from Gandalf. Sansa could even see Frodo dancing around with the other Hobbits. And everybody grabbing pints of ale. Sansa actually had to move out of the way to make room for the cake. 

"Sansa!" Frodo greeted. "So glad you could make it." 

"I thought I would see what a Hobbit Party was like. Certainly much more lively then anything back at my home." Sansa commented. 

"Good for you." Frodo replied. He then caught his eye on a blonde hobbit just sitting down at a table. Frodo went down to speak to him.

"Go on, Sam. Ask Rosie for a dance." Frodo insisted.

The Hobbit known as Samwise Gamgee just stood up. "I think I'll just have another ale." He replied.

"No you won't." Frodo then got up and threw Sam into the dance with Rosie and laughed as he did.

"What did you do that for?" Sansa asked finding it funny. Something that reminded her of the fun times she would have with her friends back in Winterfell.

"Sometimes Sam just needs a push." Frodo answered as they both heard another Firework go off. While at the same time. Two other Hobbits were rummaging around Gandalf's Wagon looking for a Firework to launch on their own. 

"Well, Your Uncle certainly knows how to throw a party!" Sansa praised Frodo.

"Yes he does. I really think that Gandalf's Fireworks makes it the grand one. Do you have Fireworks at Westeros?" Frodo asked.

"Um. No." Sansa answered. "We don't have anything like The Shire has." 

"No Fireworks?" Frodo asked in disbelief. "That's awful." 

"It kind of is." Sansa replied looking at the sight of Gandalf making little butterfly fireworks for the kids. 

That was when Bilbo came up and a little scared face on him. "It's the Sackville Bagginses. Quickly hide!" He shouted in a hushed tone. Grabbing both Sansa and Frodo and calling them to hide behind a tent with them.

"Who were those people?" Sansa asked.

"The Sackville Bagginses." Bilbo answered. "My Cousins who tried to sell my stuff while I was away from the Shire when I helped Thorin Oakenshield."

"Thorin who?" Sansa asked.

"Oh that's quite a long tale." Bilbo answered. "And believe me. Nothing would make me happier to tell you. But it's a party we're celebrating. There's so much to do." He then turned to Frodo. 

"Thank you my boy. You're a good lad Frodo. I'm very selfish." 

Frodo's expression changed. He was about to tell Bilbo that he wasn't selfish. But Bilbo cut him off. "Yes. I am. Very Selfish. I don't know why I took you in after your Mother and Father died, but it wasn't out of charity. I think it was because of all my numerous relations. You were the one Baggins that showed any real stead." 

"Bilbo have you been talking to the old Gaffer's homebrew?" Frodo asked.

"No." Bilbo answered. "Well yes. But that's not the point. The point is Frodo. You'll be alright."  It was almost as if he was talking about something else.