Chapter 10: The Journey Begins.

The Starks were gathered with the other companions by the gates of Rivendell.

"Was beginning to think you chickened out." The Hound said.

"Not on your life." Jon replied.

"You ready?" Frodo asked Sansa.

Sansa nodded. She noticed Frodo carrying a new sword. "This is Sting. It belonged to Bilbo." He explained. "It glows whenever Orcs are near."

"That's cool." Arya commented also noticing Frodo's sword. "All Needle can do is just be a sword you stick with the pointy end. But it's a good sword." She didn't want to hurt Jon's feelings.

"It's alright, Arya." Jon assured. He never truly got mad at Arya.

Elrond had addressed all of the Fellowship. "The Ring bearer is setting out on a quest to Mt. Doom. And you who travel with him, no oath nor bond is laid to go further than you will." Elrond began. Aragorn was looking at Arwen the whole time. "Farewell. I hold to your purpose the blessing of Elves, and Men, and all free folk go with you."  

"The Fellowship awaits the Ring Bearer." Gandalf informed.

Frodo looked around. That was him. He then looked back ready to begin his journey. A journey of long roads, many obstacles, and great challenges awaited the Young Hobbit. The gates were opened and a path began for him.

"Hold on Gandalf, is it right or left?" Frodo asked.

"Left." Gandalf answered.

And the Fellowship followed Frodo out. 

"We're following a short man into the unknown." The Hound thought. "This is a bad idea."

"You okay, Sansa?" Jon asked.

"Just fine." Sansa answered. She walked closely to her brother.

And on that note. The journey had begun. Past the bridge of Rivendell and out of the valley. Up the Mistry Mountains to the east, right past a ruined castle. And up past distant rolling hills. Past a rock in a single file. 

"Look at all of this." Jon said. "No area in Westeros has a sight like this."

Sansa was looking around. Despite the fact that she had never done this much walking in her life before. It was still a sight to behold. And she could begin to see that she was no longer in Westeros. But now she was in Middle Earth with her Sister and her Brother. And on a journey to stop evil in its track.

They continued their pace.

"How far is Mordor?" Arya asked. "Gandalf?"

"Very far." Gandalf answered. "We must hold this course west of the Misty Mountains for 40 days. If our luck holds, The Gap of Rohan will still be open to us. From there, our road turns east. To Mordor."  

They stopped at part of the mountain. Boromir was teaching Merry and Pippin as well as Sansa how to use a sword. 

"Very good." Boromir praised teaching the three, the basics. 

"Move your feet." Aragorn said.

"On foot, Pippin." Merry commented.

"Thanks." Pippin replied.

Sansa was also taking the lessons to heart.

"You want to try, Arya?" Jon asked.

"No thanks. I already know how to fight." Arya answered.

"You do?" Boromir asked.

"It was something I learned from Syrio Forel, back in King's Landing." Arya drew her sword.