Chapter 7: Flight to the Ford.

The Company was trying to make it as quick as they could to Rivendell. And all the while... Sansa was trying to recap everything to Arya and The Hound. 

"So... this Dark Lord Sauron forged a ring and bound his soul into it? And it just happened to be a ring that Frodo just has and now these Nazgul want to to find it to resurrect their boss?" Arya recapped.

"Yes." Sansa answered.

"Are you following any of this, Hound?" Arya asked.

"I stopped following after your sister said, Ring." The Hound replied.

"Now I really wish that Gandalf was here to explain things." Sansa muttered.

"Well, what about this Strider guy?" Arya asked.

"We met him at the Prancing Pony. Said he knew Gandalf." Sam answered for Sansa was also tending to Frodo's illness.

Arya grabbed Sansa. "Are you sure this is a good idea, Sansa?" She asked. "We barely know these people."

"We have no choice. It's either go with them or be hunted by the Nazgul." Sansa answered.

"Sansa. No offense, but you don't exactly have the best track record when it comes to trusting people." Arya pointed out. And the Hound nodded in agreement.

But Sansa was not hearing it. She continued to follow her new friends.

They continued the pace and came across what looked like statues of trolls. In fact, these were the same trolls that Bilbo and the Dwarves came across one day. The Trolls were trying to cook the Dwarves, and Bilbo had managed to get the Trolls arguing so long that they turned to stone when it was day light out. With the timely aid of Gandalf.

"Look, Frodo. It's Mr. Bilbo's Trolls." Sam said.

But Frodo didn't really have time to enjoy it. He was kind of busy not turning into a Nazgul at the moment. "Mr. Frodo?" Sam asked. "He's going cold!" He yelled out to Strider.

"Is he going to die?" Pippin asked nervous.

"Well of course he's going to bloody die. Just look at him." The Hound commented.

"He's passing into the Shadow World. He'll soon become a wraith like one of them." Strider informed.

"So... he's going to be like them except that Frodo will be a lot shorter?" Arya asked. "Pretty sure that would damage the look that the Nazgul have."

"Would you please shut up." Sansa hissed.

Frodo was whimpering from the pain as the Nazgul were shrieking in the distance. 

"Here we go again." The Hound muttered pointing his sword.

"They're close." Merry warned.

"Sam. Do you know the Athelas plant?" Strider asked.

"Athelas?" Sam asked.

"Kingsfoil." Strider rephrased. 

"Kingsfoil, that's a weed." Sam knew what it was now.

"It may help to stop the poison. Hurry." Strider suggested.

Sam went off to find Kingsfoil as did Strider.

Strider was picking some when he felt a blade on his neck. "What's this? A Ranger caught off his guard?" The soft voice of a woman asked. Strider knew who this person was. And it was a good thing.

Frodo could see nothing but darkness as his eyes looked more blood red. Until there was an emerging light. An Dark Haired She-Elf on a horse went up to Frodo. "Frodo. I am Arwen- I've come to help you." The Elf insisted.