Chapter 15: The Journey across the River.

The Next Morning saw the Elves giving the Fellowship getting new cloaks from the Elves. Galadriel was coming down the stream on a small boat.

"What's this?" The Hound asked.

"Never before have we had strangers in the garb of our people. May these cloaks help shield you from unfriendly eyes." Celeborn explained.

"Well... I'm sure they'll come in handy." Jon commented not being really optimistic. 

"Might as well take them... Jon. I don't think we'll be going back to the Wall anytime soon." Sansa whispered.

Jon nodded. He could always keep his Night's Watch Cloak for later then.

The Elves also gave the Fellowship new boats to navigate the river and go downstream. Along the way, they also got new fresh supplies.

Along with bags of bread.

"Well, I suppose bread could be good." Arya said eating it. She found it was very filling. "What is this made of?" She asked. It didn't taste like the bread back home.

"It's Lembas." Legolas answered. "Elvish Way Bread. One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man."

Both Merry and Pippin nodded their heads. As did Arya. "How many did you eat?" Merry asked Pippin.

"Four." Pippin answered with a burp.

"Well at least we'll be able to save enough food for weeks and weeks." Jon said as he loaded more supplies on the boat. 

"We're going by boat now?" Sansa asked.

"It's either that, or go by The Land route." The Hound suggested.

"Come on, Sansa. What have we got lose? We're part Tully after all. And we all know who great on the Rivers the Tully's after." Arya pointed out.

"Arya, it does occur to you that we've spent most of our lives in The North, and Mother moved into the North when we were born." Sansa reminded.

"Ye, of little faith." Arya replied.

Sansa didn't respond to that as she got into the boat. 

"Every league you travel south, the danger will increase. Mordor Orcs now hold the eastern shore of the Anduin. Nor will you find safety on the western bank. Strange creatures bearing the mark of the White Hand have been seen on our borders. Seldom do Orcs journey in the open, under the sun, yet these have done so!" Celeborn warned Aragorn. But he also gave Aragorn an elvish dagger. "Le aphadar aen." You are being tracked."

"By river you have the chance of outrunning the enemy to the Falls of Rauros." He added to answer Sansa's question earlier.

"Okay. That answers that question." Jon thought.

The Fellowship could also see the Elves and Galadriel bidding them farewell.

Earlier that day, Galadriel had given several of the members some gifts for their journey.

"My gift for you, Legolas, is a bow of the Galadhrim, worthy of the skill of our woodland kin." Galadriel started to Legolas.

Merry and Pippin were given the next set of gifts. 2 Daggers. "These are the daggers of the Noldorin. They have already seen service in war." Galadriel explained. "Do not fear, young Peregrin Took. You will find your courage." She reassured the young Hobbit.

Sam was the next to recieve a gift. "And for you, Samwise Gamgee: Elven rope, made of hithlain."