Chapter 16: Amon Hen.

Where Frodo was, was walking around the forests. The thought of everything that had happened was in his mind. That he was around this area of Middle Earth. But he needed to be alone with his thoughts.

"None of us should wonder alone. You least of all." Boromir commented as he gathered up more wood. "So much depends on you, Frodo."

Frodo didn't say anything.

"I know why you seek Solitude. You suffer. I see it day by day. You sure you do not suffer needlessly?" Boromir pressed. Frodo remained silent. "There are other ways Frodo. Another path that we might take."

"I know what you might say." Frodo replied. "It would seem like wisdom, full of warning in my heart."

"Warning?" Boromir asked. "Against what?" Frodo started to back away. "We're all afraid, Frodo. But to let our fear drive us to destroy what hope we have. Don't you see? This is madness."  

"There is no other way." Frodo said. Something that Boromir didn't seem to like.

"I only ask for the strength to defend my people." Boromir growled as he threw the wood down on the ground. "If you would but let me the ring."

"No." Frodo backed away. 

"Why do you recoil your hand, thief?" Boromir accused. "Or are you going to go to that Wolf Girl and her fellow pups?"

"You are not yourself." Frodo cautioned. This was not the same Boromir that had been the defender of Gondor. The Fellowship's journey had been evident of that. Ever since they left Rivendell. 

"What chance do you think you have?" Boromir asked. "They will find you. They will take the ring. And you will beg for death before the end."

This was getting odd for Frodo. He started to walk away. And what chance of Boromir returning to normal was gone, shortly after.

Sansa was noticing shouting. "Frodo?" She asked. That was when she saw Boromir and Frodo.

"FOOL!" Boromir chased after him. "It is not safe in your Hobbit hands! What could've been mine! It should be mine! Give it to me!" He tackled Frodo to the ground.

Sansa gasped and ran over.

"Give it!" Boromir yelled.

"NO!" Frodo yelled.

"Boromir, STOP!" Sansa ran over to get Boromir off of Frodo. But, Boromir had elbowed Sansa in the head and she fell down. 

Frodo was able to get the One Ring on his hand and slip away. He turned invisible pushing Boromir off of him. And the ran away.

"Frodo?" Sansa asked. She ran towards where the branch had looked like it moved of its own free will.

"I see your mind." Boromir hissed. "YOU WILL TAKE THE RING TO SAURON! YOU WILL BETRAY US! You will go to your death. AND THE DEATH OF US ALL! CURSE YOU! CURSE YOU! AND ALL HALFLINGS!" He seemed to have tripped after he finished shouting. And it felt like he came back to his senses. "Frodo?" He asked nervously. "Frodo? What have I done? Please, Frodo." He whimpered.

Frodo ran back into the world of the Ring. "I'm sorry, Frodo!" He could hear in the background. Frodo ran up the steps of a ruin in an effort to distance himself from Boromir. He looked through some rocks. Only to see the world move faster in front of him. And a Tower in the distance that was coming closer. He rose up starring right at the eye of Sauron looking straight at him.  

Frodo fell back taking off the ring and onto the ground. "Frodo?" A voice called behind him.

It was Sansa. Frodo stood back. "Stay back!" He warned.