Chapter 25

Eisa left them to plan the dinner.

She spent her time picking out an outfit, with Hayley beside her, keeping her company while Elijah and Klaus were out procuring the materials needed for the witch's spell on Esther (in this case, a necklace that Esther had given Klaus long ago) and getting the servants to arrange the dining room properly.

"These six were shipped to me just last week," said Eisa, opening a box for the first time. "I hadn't really felt like opening it, but I'm sure one of these will be good. All Teuta Matoshi, from different collections, I believe. Worth nearly seven thousand dollars."

Hayley choked on her tequila. "Seven thousand dollars?"

"Don't look so surprised," said Eisa, pulling out darker green dresses, two black ones, and a hazel gown (A/N: Teuta Matoshi's 'Glossy Hazel Gown') that she started to try on. "Let's see, what do you think of this one?"

"Feels too happy," said Hayley, shaking her head. "Hold up the green ones."

Eisa did, one by one (A/N: Teuta Matoshi's 'Jericho Jade Dress,' 'Embellished Madalay Gown,' and 'Loden Cusp Fringed Gown'). Hayley pursed her lips. "Well, considering we plan to kill your mom, I think one of the balck ones will be more suitable. But those green ones are super nice."

"Perhaps this one?" said Eisa, holding up one of the black dresses (A/N: Teuta Matoshi's 'Aria Velvet Gown'). "I think it's better than the other one—" she switched to hold the other (A/N: Teuta Matoshi's 'Blossoming Promise Gown'), "—which feels more... lighthearted, I'd say. Nothing I own truly says 'I wish you stayed dead, but unfortunately, you're alive again.' I suppose a plain but still luxurious black dress is good for this occasion. I can wear this other one at her second funeral."

"Are you even going to attend her second funeral?"

"Good point."

Hayley suddenly frowned, looking at her phone. "Oh, that's not good. We need to go talk to your brothers."

Eisa had just finished setting out everything she intended to wear before they had to trot down, where they found Elijah writing the witch's address on a piece of paper, and Klaus holding the necklace he'd gone to fetch.

"Marcel's witch is being held captive in the Quarter," said Hayley. "Oliver just texted me."

"Oh, perfect," said Klaus, snatching the piece of paper from Elijah, and seeing the witch Lenore's address. "Mother's a step ahead, as usual."

"Oliver's with her," said Hayley. "I'll go, and I'll get her to do the spell. But, I need the necklace."

"How can you be sure it isn't a trap?" asked Eisa as Klaus put the necklace in Hayley's hand. "What if Esther has Oliver under a spell that forces him to lie to you? To lure you into a place where you can't escape?"

"That's what you trained me for, right? Getting out of problems. It's gonna be fine. After all, Esther is gonna be here really soon. I won't run into her."

Eisa still didn't feel too good about this, but Elijah seemed to agree with Klaus, that they ought to just give her the materials outright. "A disciple of Marcel's was instructed to fetch another ingredient," he told her. "Ask for Gia."

"Alright," said Hayley, giving Eisa a reassuring smile. "Be back soon."

Eisa waited for a few moments, watching her go before she trudged up to her room, rubbing her arms and wishing she didn't have to be in the Compound for the evening. She'd rather be accompanying Hayley.

"Are these outfits really necessary?" asked Klaus in annoyance as Eisa and Elijah walked into the dining room. He didn't like to dress as fancy as his siblings did.