Sparring Time

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT TO THEIR ORIGINAL OWNERS

Chapter 4: Sparring Time

The next morning, Michelangelo woke up rather earlier than expected as he strangely feels yuck inside but wasn't sure why. His body reacted like it just felt a small chill and his mouth felt dry; he coughed a few times and just drank some water from his glass before the feeling went away for a bit.

"Urgh, that was strange. I think I must have put something wrong in that pizza last night" The young turtle yawned.

He stretched out a bit before making his way to the kitchen and cooking something for his brothers as usual. It wasn't long before Splinter enters the kitchen and to his surprise, he sees his youngest up and early.

"Good morning, my son," Splinter greeted.

"Morning sensei" Mikey softly greets his dad while cooking.

Splinter approaches the young turtle and places a paw on his shoulder: "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I just...woke up early, I guess" The young turtle shrugged and gave Splinter a warm smile.

The father soon starts to worry if Mikey was still upset about last night as he softly addresses the issue: "My son, about last night..."

"I know sensei, I made a mistake; it was my fault" Mikey apologised.

"Don't be sorry, mistakes happen but what your brothers did last night was inexcusable; you are part of the team and the team must stick together no matter what" Splinter explained while stroking the back of Mikey's head.

Michelangelo would rather just forget about last night and move on as he replies with: "Well, they apologised to me in the end. So yeah, it's all good"

"As they should," Splinter nodded.

Just then the rest of the turtles were awakening and heading to the kitchen, surprised to see Mikey up and early.

"Wow, you're up early, Mikey" Leo greeted his little brother.

"Morning guys" Michelangelo greeted.

"Morning" Raph yawned.

"Morning sensei" Donatello greeted his dad.

"Morning boys, I assumed you three talk it out with your little brother" Splinter cleared his throat, eyeing the three older sons.

"We did, sensei," Leo nodded.

"We apologised," Donatello added.

"I told you they did," Mikey pointed out.

"Very well but rest assured, should anything like that happen again, there WILL be trouble" Splinter warned.

"Hai sensei" The trio each replied.

"Good" Splinter nodded. "Now once breakfast is done, we will start today's training in an hour"

Michelangelo soon serves the family breakfast as he was each thanked by his brothers though lately it sounds more like just monotone and less generous as it was in the past but Mikey just shrugged as he tries to make sure that today will be better than yesterday.

At the dojo room, the turtles practice sparring with one another; Michelangelo goes up against Leonardo this time as he does his very best to win the fight. But unfortunately, Leo was the strongest out of all of them and won the fight in the end as Mikey was on the ground with his older brother having his foot on his little brother's shell.