She's Back!

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT TO THEIR ORIGINAL OWNERS

Chapter 17: She's Back!

As the turtles were heading back to the lair, they suddenly begin noticing that one of the areas they passed by is suddenly covered in threads of web, making it look like a room for spiders to roam.

"Okay...So...am I the only one noticing that this place is completely covered in web?" Donatello asked the others in confusion.

"Obviously" Raphael rolled his eyes. "No way was this place like that before"

"I got a bad feeling about this, you guys" Leo points out, looking around the area for any potential threats.

Suddenly eerie humming echoes the entire webbed space like a haunting melody to which Michelangelo suddenly froze in horror, realising who was humming. The young turtle begins to panic and quiver to which Raphael notices Mikey's behaviour and tends to him worryingly.

"Mikey? What is it?! What's wrong?!" Raphael spoke to his baby brother as the other brothers noticed Mikey looking around frantically.

"No...Nonononono-!" Mikey whimpered.

"Mikey, calm down; it's alright" Donnie comforts his brother, petting his shell.

"No, you don't get it! It's her! She's back!" Mikey cried out.

"Who's back?!" Leonardo loudly asked before he had some clue on who he's talking about: "Wait, are you saying that Misaki Towa is still alive?!"

"It has to be her! She used to hum like that to me" Mikey panicked to which Raphael held Mikey close to protect him.

"But that can't be her! She was crushed to death by that stone dragon that night" Donatello exclaimed to Leonardo.

"Are you quite certain of that, Donatello?"

The cold voice was immediately recognizable to the turtle's shock as Leo, Donnie and Raph got out their weapons and formed a close circle around Mikey to protect him from the villain in hiding.

"I don't know how you survived that, Misaki, but we won't let you lay a finger on Mikey again" Leo angrily called out, searching the area for Misaki.

"Yet I'm not surprised you healed that little pest of yours"

"The only pest around here is you! You want to settle the score here then bring it on! I'll be more than happy to kick your butt for Mikey" Donatello furiously demanded.

"Just like how you did with Oroku Saki?"

The turtles searched everywhere, even in the dark corners of the area but Misaki was nowhere to be seen before Mikey can hear her icy voice speaking to him:

"You know Mikey, you and I are much alike; Lost, alone with no one to care about since I was denied my happiness...and now...I denied you, yours"

"Don't you even dare try to harm my baby brother with your poison words again!" Raphael yelled before he turned to his shivering baby brother and gently added: "Don't listen to her, Mikey. Everything she's say is just a bunch of crap"

Mikey nodded and leaned against Raphael who then looked around in the area and growled: "Why don't you show yourself, you coward?! You can't hide from us forever"

"Who says I was hiding from you? I've been right near you this whole time"

The turtles froze at the comment before they each slowly looked straight up from where they're standing as they suddenly saw a monstrous figure falling straight down at them, causing the team to quickly dodge away from what appears to be Misaki.